“Show & Stay Package”

SunSquare Montecasino
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Fourways
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Sunsquare is ideally situated, virtually in the heart of Montecasino. The seats for the show were amazing, the meals more than sufficient and fantastic service from all the staff. It definitely is good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Jacques H, General Manager at SunSquare Montecasino, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for tanking the time in reviewing us on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your comments. We are waiting for your return.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with your next visit, I will be sure to make your arrangements accordingly.

Warm Regards

Reviewed March 3, 2014

My husband and I went to watch a show at Monte Casino and as it ended late and we did not want to drive home, so we decided to stay over at the SunSquare. We only intended to sleep there, take a shower the new morning and have breakfast and we were definitely not disappointed. Good hotel and service and everything you would expect from a good 3 star establishment. Everything still seems new, up to date and clean. Will definitely go back.

Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Jacques H, General Manager at SunSquare Montecasino, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely review. I am most definitely going to share your review with our teams
We are looking forward in hosting you back soon, soon.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

The style and lighting of the foyer is impressive. The space of the shower is big enough to enjoy with partner. Excellent mirror and within reach control of lights in the room. Excellent seating space in the restaurant.

Dear Guest

We appreciate your great review! Thank you for participating and ranking us in Tripadvisor.
I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay at the SunSquare hotel.

We are looking forward in seeing you back soon.

Warmest Regards
Jacques and the SunSquare

Reviewed February 26, 2014

The hotel is fine. Good breakfast, restaurant, near to the Montecasino entratainements. The room was clean and plenty roomy. I had a problem with a room because it was very noisy and I was obbliged to change. Poor quality of the noise insulation of the room.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Jacques H, General Manager at SunSquare Montecasino, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your meaningful review.
We are looking forward in welcoming you back home.

Kind Regards

Reviewed February 23, 2014

My stay at Sun square Monte casino was excellent and met all my expectations, the breakfast was great to.I would definitely recommend this accommodation to others, it also is in a great location. restaurants situated right outside entrance of hotel

Dear Guest

We thank you for your great review!!!
I am pleased to see that you have enjoyed your stay.
Please do not hesitate to contact me when you are ready to book your next visit.
Warmest Regards.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

My wife and I spent the weekend at Sunsquare hotel (Saturday to Sunday) this past weekend. We wanted to spend a romantic valentine’s weekend away and made arrangements to leave the kids at home.

To cut a long story short, I will list the problems in bullet format below:

Hotel/Room

• No WiFi in the hotel (apparently it was down as we checked with reception frequently) but no real sense of urgency or suggestion to make up for the shortfall of the service was suggested. You advertise fast free and reliable Wifi unfortunately we couldn’t experience it, we are IT fundies and came loaded with tablets and cell phones to enjoy a bit of late evening web surfing and social media time).
• We found an open juice container in the fridge, not sure how long it had been there...
• Dust was all over the ornaments, not very hygienic.
• The room was not to our expected standards for such an hotel, the toilet was not the most private of arrangements and very confined if not claustrophobic.
• Early Sunday morning, the odour of sewage was quite potent as one walked through the corridors on the 5th floor.

Aarya Restaurant (We had noticed this restaurant in previous visits to Montecasino and discussed the story behind it but never tried it out. As we were staying in the hotel and received vouchers to be used in this restaurant we decided to have dinner there. What a disappointment...)

• The Waiters attitude was utterly disgusting, not keen to talk and entertain our requests, not keen to explain the way the wine voucher worked, it took me 3 times of asking to be told that it wasn’t for sparkling wine? I always ask this question when I frequent places like this: why offer vouchers if it seems they are not welcome at the restaurants and makes you feel like you are asking for a favour?
• My wife ordered butternut soup, it was not up to scratch, it was watered down and flavourless.
• I ordered chicken livers starter and requested from the waiter for the PeriPeri to be hot, received an oily and sweet/mild serving of livers that made my tummy upset up until Monday morning.
• Also ordered a butter chicken pizza, it took a while to come to the table, when it finally arrived I took a good look at it and was not impressed. It is not the shape that I really had a problem with but more the actual size for a main course and the lack of toppings. I counted the pieces of chicken on it and it was like max 2 per slice, well needless to say after all we experienced, I sent the pizza back as I really felt that the asking price of I think it was R89 for the pizza plus all the other not so enjoyable experiences was the last straw.(We were actually comparing the food at the restaurant to other places where we’ve had these dishes before and if I tell you what we came up with I don’t think the owner of the restaurant would take the comments well...)

We asked for the bill and left. Any further thought of having coffee (suffice it to say we did not use the coffee voucher we were given) and any desert was out of the question.

I must add that the breakfast we had at the same restaurant the next morning was very enjoyable and the service was so much better.

Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

I am happy to report that we have given attention to your concerns – even though we handled the matter off line.

As discussed, I look forward in welcoming you back to SunSquare soon.
Warmest Regards
Jacques

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Good service at the hotel. It is located in Montecasino which is great as there is a lot of entertainment. Public transport using Gautrain and Gautrain buses makes it accessible.
Floors for smoking and non-smoking should be demarcated and rooms should fumigated when a smoking guest leaves.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Emmy Douglas K

Thank you for your Valuable comments.
I wish more people would use the Gautrain services.
We have just repainted all the smoking rooms – I am sure that it will make a difference.
We are looking forward to your next visit.
Jacques and the SunSquare Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fourways
Southern Sun Montecasino
Riverbend Country House
Riverbend Country House
#43 of 66 in Johannesburg
Garden Court Sandton City

Been to SunSquare Montecasino? Share your experiences!