“Just spectacular”

Le Souffle French Bistro - Brasserie
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Le Souffle is a French Restaurant serving Provencal style food in a Brasserie environment. Some of our dishes are traditional while others are tweaked for the SA Palate. Typically for a Brasserie we have a large chalkboard full of daily specials.
Reviewed April 23, 2014

If you sit outside it's even better. I had the tuna steak, oh my goodness it was cooked to perfection and served at the right speed with every attention to detail. I dined by myself but this is a define go to restaurant for me.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Myself and my partner decided to venture a little further north from the array of ''meat ,chips and seafood'' haunts riddled all over the parks. It has been many years for myself, since being at a Mark Guebert establishment. taking it back now to the days of I'll de france in both dunkeld as well as bryanston when i was merely a child, blessed with parents that insisted on exposing us to properly executed cuisine. I had the bouillabaisse to start which was seasoned well, and balanced perfectly, traditionally served with a chunk of crusty bread...delicious. followed by the cassoulet which was full of flavor accompanied by creamy mash and perfectly blanched vegetables. the choc chip souffle was well brilliant' even though i just stole a bite or two from my partner. Thank you Toby for wonderful understated attentive service with a twist of humor to enhance the experience.. you will see us again

Reviewed April 13, 2014

We had some overseas guests and chose Souffle for our farewell dinner. What an excellent choice, Souffle never disappoints. We have friends that will not make a booking for an Hotel or restaurant unless there is a review on Tripadvisor, they were skeptical, but are now converts to Souffle. My best tip is, make sure you leave room for the deserts, the Orange Souffle is like manner from heaven, but you have to order with your main as they take time to create.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Our favourite restaurant in Jo'burg by far. The menu is relatively static but the quality of the food, cooked by the owner himself most nights, is excellent and very rarely disappoints. His duck breast is brilliant, his souffles are always light and tasty. He also cooks the best steak and kidney pies, seared tuna and salmon in the area. But best of all is when you get to know the owners like we do - they are most friendly and we just return there as often as we can.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Favourite restaurant for either lunch or dinner! Food and service consistently excellent, good wine selection and both food and wine well priced. Souffles (savoury or sweet) to die for.