“Good lunch spoiled by poor service”
Review of Mon Petit Throbb

Mon Petit Throbb
Ranked #3 of 74 Restaurants in Fourways
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Having enjoyed a business lunch at Mon Petit Throb some months back I decided to take my wife and adult daughters while on vacation.

It was a poor decision. While the food was at the level you would expect of an upmarket but casual dining establishment, the service was abysmal. The restaurant was not busy and there were plenty of waiting staff. We were not in a particular hurry, but had to seek out a waiter to place our orders. The desert - a cold pre-prepared phyllo pastry and custard dish - took over 20 minutes to arrive, and that only after summoning the maitre de.

I doubt I will return.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Have had lunch and breakfast at Mon Petit Throbb in November and it's a lovely place to go with friends or loved ones for quiet meals together.
Decor is very homely and food is great.
Need to step up a little on the service side but generally a lovely little restaurant.

1  Thank David B
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Inspired by the positive reports here on trip advisor, we now visited this restaurant twice. The first time they were closed due to a corporate function; we tried again a week later, only to be told that they are fully booked and cannot accommodate us. Speaks for the restaurant, but spoiled our evening twice and I would therefore recommend everyone to phone and make a reservation first to avoid similar disappointments.

1  Thank Hegoats
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Mon Petit Throbb has become a bit of our weekly ritual! Horse riding on Saturday mornings out in Kyalami.. and on the way back home we drive past Mon Petit Throbb and that's where we end up for brunch / lunch. All meals are prepared with so much care and flavor. Amongst our favourites are the Scottish Salmon & Crispy Pork chops and Prego's!

My daughter (aged 11) and her friends absolutely LOVE their pasta's, pizza's, flapjack stack and of course their chocolate pizza a big favorite. To end a delicious meal.. I can strongly suggest their Strawberry mille feuille. Delectable!!

To round off a delicious meal experience, I can strongly recommend their unusual cocktails!

2  Thank Larikiss
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Great restaurant and friendly manageress. I would just ask them to change the duck they serve with the julienne vegetables... It's too dry... all the other food and wine was exceptional!!!