As a regular traveller to Johannesburg I know most hotels in the area. After a week for business I decided to take my family to Montecasino to unwind for the weekend.
But as my kids quickly pointed out we would have been better off staying in Sandton where even standard rooms are bigger than the family rooms (sleeping 4) at Montecasino.
Maintenance of the rooms is definitely an issue as we were allocated a room with a defective lock. Maintenance was aware of it but not reception - not until my third trip back to the check-in desk to try and get working key cards! And after that we were left on our own to transfer all luggage from one room to the other. Certainly not a 5 star service !
The next bad surprise was the noise. It might not be felt in all rooms but the housings located right next to a motorway and we got awaken by traffic noise as early as 05h30 in the morning. Hotels in the airport or in downtown Sandton were so peaceful in comparison. Noise from neighboring rooms (upstairs or next door) was also above normal.
Last but not least, and as pointed out by some other travellers, management and staff even when notified about issues are either too busy/unavailable to take care of them or acknowledging but doing nothing about it!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recreating the look and feel of old-style Mediterranean glamour, without compromising on modern luxury, the Palazzo hotel is a treat for all of the senses. The 246 beautifully-appointed rooms include Standard, Deluxe, Executive and Superior Rooms as well as King Suites, a lavish, opulent Penthouse and bespoke Presidential Suite. Every room is equipped with all of those small touches that add to your comfort - direct-dial phones, tea and coffee stations, mini bars, 24-room service, free WiFi and electronic safes to list but a few. Highlights to add to your stay include the Mangwanani Spa Boutique, a fully-equipped fitness centre, business centre, Montecasino Entertainment Complex, delicious Mediterranean dining at Medeo Restaurant, relaxing cocktails at Cafe Rialto, conference rooms and many more. Outdoors, a large swimming pool invites you to dip into its cool waters to escape the heat of a long day, while the poolside area beckons hours of relaxation as you let your mind finally unwind from the daily pressures of life. This is the start of your experience at the Palazzo in Montecasino... Book now to discover what else lies ahead. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Palazzo Montecasino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palazzo Montecasino Hotel Fourways
- Palazzo Montecasino Johannesburg
- Palazzo Montecasino Hotel Johannesburg
- Montecasino Hotel