From check to check out, this hotel is absolutely poor. The hotel itself is nicely designed, spacious rooms (deluxe room which we stayed in) and is aesthetically appealing but has the worst service i have ever experienced in a "5 star" hotel.The room we received was a deluxe room but was smaller than the one we were allocated. When this was queried with the management, all they could say was that we cannot change our room because the hotel was full. The breakfast was pathetic and waiter service virtually non-existent. We stayed at the hotel for two days and i room was left unmade until 15:00 the next day. When we requested a pair of slippers (which come complimentary with the room), it simply did not arrive, even after 4 phone calls to housekeeping. This hotel has absolutely no chance of competing with any international hotel and is overpriced and not worth the money at all. It deserves to have a 3 star rating only.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recreating the look and feel of old-style Mediterranean glamour, without compromising on modern luxury, the Palazzo hotel is a treat for all of the senses. The 246 beautifully-appointed rooms include Standard, Deluxe, Executive and Superior Rooms as well as King Suites, a lavish, opulent Penthouse and bespoke Presidential Suite. Every room is equipped with all of those small touches that add to your comfort - direct-dial phones, tea and coffee stations, mini bars, 24-room service, free WiFi and electronic safes to list but a few. Highlights to add to your stay include the Mangwanani Spa Boutique, a fully-equipped fitness centre, business centre, Montecasino Entertainment Complex, delicious Mediterranean dining at Medeo Restaurant, relaxing cocktails at Cafe Rialto, conference rooms and many more. Outdoors, a large swimming pool invites you to dip into its cool waters to escape the heat of a long day, while the poolside area beckons hours of relaxation as you let your mind finally unwind from the daily pressures of life. This is the start of your experience at the Palazzo in Montecasino... Book now to discover what else lies ahead. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Palazzo Montecasino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palazzo Montecasino Hotel Fourways
- Palazzo Montecasino Johannesburg
- Palazzo Montecasino Hotel Johannesburg
- Montecasino Hotel