Stayed here for 1 week. Place was pretty quiet, hence a touch soul-less. Style and décor that of an Italian Grand House, complete with frescos and paintings on the wall. My room was a ‘de-luxe’ King, and it was tiny although it had everything in there that you could want including a safe and A/C which worked well. Toiletries not high end which was a surprise. Gardens beautifully landscaped complete with water features and fountains. Location is right next to the Casino and a whole host of eateries. Breakfast OK but rip-off expensive. Two poached eggs on toast, Orange juice (x2) and coffee (x2) a whopping 195 Rand! Didn’t eat in the restaurant after that episode. Service is smart and a special note for Amy in reception who could not be more charming or accommodating. I thought the Piano Player at breakfast was a little pretentious but I guess if its pretention and mixing it with the wealthy is what you like/want, then this is the place for you. If its value for money or you have shallow pockets, avoid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recreating the look and feel of old-style Mediterranean glamour, without compromising on modern luxury, the Palazzo hotel is a treat for all of the senses. The 246 beautifully-appointed rooms include Standard, Deluxe, Executive and Superior Rooms as well as King Suites, a lavish, opulent Penthouse and bespoke Presidential Suite. Every room is equipped with all of those small touches that add to your comfort - direct-dial phones, tea and coffee stations, mini bars, 24-room service, free WiFi and electronic safes to list but a few. Highlights to add to your stay include the Mangwanani Spa Boutique, a fully-equipped fitness centre, business centre, Montecasino Entertainment Complex, delicious Mediterranean dining at Medeo Restaurant, relaxing cocktails at Cafe Rialto, conference rooms and many more. Outdoors, a large swimming pool invites you to dip into its cool waters to escape the heat of a long day, while the poolside area beckons hours of relaxation as you let your mind finally unwind from the daily pressures of life. This is the start of your experience at the Palazzo in Montecasino... Book now to discover what else lies ahead. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Palazzo Montecasino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palazzo Montecasino Hotel Fourways
- Palazzo Montecasino Johannesburg
- Palazzo Montecasino Hotel Johannesburg
- Montecasino Hotel