“Great little place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 12 Fourways B&B and Inns
Perth, Australia
“Great little place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

Lovely and safe accommodation. Very comfortable rooms and friendly staff.

Would definately recommend when staying in the Sandton region - also very reasonably priced!
Breakfast was great, reasonably close to all amenities and other attractions.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
GreenParkManor, Manager at Green Park Manor, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Hello Gareth. Many thanks for the lovely review you have given us! We loved haing you to stay and we hope you had a very special trip back in South Africa after all these years! I am sure it will be holiday not easy to forget especially having had the chance to give respect to our Tata Madiba in Pretoria with all the other thousands of mourners. I wish you a very happy year ahead and hope you will come stay with us when you next visit South Africa!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

This place is wonderful if you want a safe, quiet and serene environment. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful, and the accommodation was homely.

The only negative points were the proximity from the main towns, the TV only had about 3 channels, and apart from breakfast, there weren't many options for food (although I think if I had asked the kitchen would have probably cooked whatever I needed!).

Other than that, I had a wonderful stay and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello! Thank you for your beautiful description of our guest house! These are many of the reasons why we have so many return visitors! They love the quiet escape form the busy city! I am so sorry you were not aware of our in-house menu! I have since had little information booklets placed in all our bedrooms. Giving our geusts a great source of knowledge on what we offer! We have 2 types of breakfasts: Full English or a Continental breakfast to choose from, as well as a variety or dinner or lunch options! I have asked all my staff to ensure that guests are aware of all the offerings when they check in. The little booklet too informs guests of the channels offered on our boutique hotel dstv selection: there are the 4 normal South african channels, M-Net, 4 movie channels, an African channel and a range of 7 sports channels. Thank you for making us aware of these points as now we are confident that with the new booklets guests will be well informed!
I look forward to your return and hope you are welcomed by many great things in 2014!
United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

A very clean guest house located centrally for our needs. Staff were friendly and helpful. Beautiful gardens and a homely atmosphere. Safe location. Lovely to wake up to the sound of African bird life even though you are not in the country it feels like you are.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GreenParkManor, Manager at Green Park Manor, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Hi Jacqui.
I am so happy you loved the atmosphere and tranquility of our guest house. We are so spoilt by our gardens and rich birdlife. Our greatest aim is to try allow guests to escape the crazy hussle and bussle of Joburg's streets. Being in the boomed off suburb is ideal for guests to go for a run in the early morning or evening. Being able to go for a walk around the neighbourhood without being worried about car fumes or noisy traffic. The security also allows guests to feel comfortable coming home late at night.
Thank you for your review - We hope you come stay with us again!
Many thanks the Green Park Team!
Gaborone
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Lovely room and atmosphere at Green Park Manor. Could have done without the screaming neighbor though. The self catering facilities are lovely, even though we didn't make use of them. Friendly staff and beautiful gardens

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Hi Orla
Thank you for your review - we are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry about the noisy guest that you had to endure. I do hope that your night was a lot calmer after Webster went to speak to her. Green Park Manor is known for its peacefulness - I do hope you and your husband will be back to experience a full night of tranquility soon!
Best wishes Kelly
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Very helpful and accommodating considering I booked so late. Room was good and well equipped. Excellent for the price range and better than many I have stayed in that cost more. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GreenParkManor, Manager at Green Park Manor, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Hi Richard - we are so glad we could help you at the last minute! We look forward to having you come back to stay with us! Many thanks Kelly
Nelspruit, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I felt I had to write a review on Green Park Manor as my stay was nothing less than perfect.

Friendly service, helpful staff and a safe haven from the busy buzzing that is City life.

A big thank you to Kelly and her personal for a very plesent stay.

Nathan

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Nathan-Kirton
Hi Nathan
We are so happy we can help you escape the Jozie madness when you come up for work!
Look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Joburg
Thanks
Kelly
Potchefstroom, North-West, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

On arrival you'll notice the spectacular view of the garden which is also to be seen from the inside of the rooms. Welcomed by the staff family you'll feel already at home. If you're not on a business trip as I was, you'll be able to enjoy the great escape from the rushed city life enjoying a cup of coffee in the garden. I also appreciate the small touches added to each room. The fresh flowers picked in the garden or a few homemade rusks - let you feel right at home. The clean cut design gives a peaceful touch to the cozy living room. I am really looking forward staying over each time as I am a regular visitor.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

2 Thank Corlene v
Hi Corlene
I'm sorry to reply to your review so late - I'm so happy you appreciate all the little touches we add for our guests. We have loved having you stay with us over the last 7 or 8 months. You make our guest house feel like a real home.
Many thanks
Kelly, Webster, Sivumile, Pretty and Wendy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fourways
Indaba Hotel
A Peaceful Retreat Bed & Breakfast
Villa D'or Guest House
Villa D'or Guest House
#4 of 12 in Fourways

Been to Green Park Manor? Share your experiences!