“I could have stayed a month”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Cabro D'or

La Cabro D'or
Reserve with
La Cabro D'or is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
North Carolina
“I could have stayed a month”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We were enjoying a touring day visiting Les Baux and followed our Michelin recommendation to try La Cabro d'Or. We stumbled on paradise. The beautiful grounds and lovely setting were a great welcome, but it was the food. Oh my gosh, the food. We opted for the set menu lunch and found it very properly priced for the quality of the meal and the experience. I am a vegetarian and the staff was quick to say they could easily modify all the dishes to accommodate me. There were three in my party and we agree this was one of the greatest meal experiences we have had. I would love to go back and stay a month. It is a destination restaurant if you are anywhere even close.

• Visited May 2013

• Korean first
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Deserves its Michelin star”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

First class chef and French food (no English menu) served by an extremely professional team. Great presentation and multiple tastes and sauces accompanied by an excellent wine list, including an extensive list of local Provence wines. A real dining experience. Reservations are required.

Visited May 2013
Bellevue, Washington, United States
“my Michelin experience--”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

so.. while I think I eat well, and in some very nice restaurants around the world, I just don't get the Michelin star experience very often, but I did tonight! This was an extraordinary experience from the moment we were greeted as we entered the beautiful restaurant. This is the sister restaurant to the Michelin multiple star just down the street where dinner can and does cost around $650 per person--ouch! And while this is not cheap by any means, the service was impeccable, the food was literally stunning, right down to the very last bite of the house provided desert that came after the desert we ordered--the presentation was as we had hoped, beautiful, the flavors were memorable, I really can't say enough about it--and the servers were personable and spoke good English, more then ready with a suggestion, an interpretation, whatever we needed--if you want an epicurean experience in a perfectly lovely setting, this is it!

• Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Does it really have a Michelin star?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

We are a young couple used to travelling a lot and always staying in 5 star hotels and eating in Michelin starred restaurants. We know what good is and we certainly know good service. After hearing friends talking about how great the food was in la cabro d'or we decided to book it for my husband's birthday. Bad decision. I know it is February and it is technically low season for this restaurant, however given that it is open and the chef is in the kitchen, the service must be as good as always... And it wasn't. It almost felt like they had their junior staff serving. Waiters serving us through the wrong side, wine not being decanted properly, plates left on the table for sometime after we were done, at least 10 minutes sitting without being offered an aperitif, a sommelier that looked 12 and had big silver bracelets.... Etc etc etc.
I could go on and on. Watching the waitress trying to filet my fish at the table would be a whole chapter! The food was good - not fantastic - but when dinning at this level, one is not just looking for the food, it as much about the experience as it is about the food. We don't mind paying high prices to eat well, but we do get very upset when we are expecting Michelin service and it feels
more like gastropub.
In this part of the world there are several better options. Try the restaurant in the hotel du cote des olivades, for example. Small, elegant, outstanding food and great service.

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank Joana N
“Worth the Michelin Star!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

This is a wonderful restaurant. We ate here twice and both times were fabulous. The food is incredibly good. Although it is expensive, you get what you pay for - great food, excellent service and lovely atmosphere. Staff were very friendly and all spoke at least a little English. The food was incredibly tasty and meals were well portioned. La Cabro D'or really does deserve the michelin star it holds!