This review came a little bit late. My whole family stayed here for a day last January to celebrate the first birthday of our youngest son. Let me begin with the positive things:
1. Booking is easy. The owner Alan who is a nice and friendly gentleman is very easy to talk with and he confirmed my booking even without a down payment. His wife is also accommodating and ready to assist anytime.
2. The location is convenient inside a residential area which is near to some commercial places
3. The main unit that we rented is big enough for a group of 10 and equipped with a kitchen where you can do some cooking.
4. They have a karaoke room where you can sing your heart out the whole day without disturbing other people.
5. They have a Jacuzzi attached to the pool that our kids enjoyed.
6. They also have a bar just in case you want to have something to drink
7. There is also a sauna just beside the pool but we never tried it
8. They also have a table tennis (ping pong) where you can spend some fun time
Now the not so positive things:
1. The pool and the place itself is very small. It is not what it seems if you will base your expectation from the description and photos in the website.
2. There is no catering service or restaurant inside so you have to make sure to bring your own food. In fairness it was clearly mentioned to me during booking.
3. They don’t have a front desk where they can entertain inquiring guests. It is supposed to be a private resort where you can enjoy private time with your friends and family. Unfortunately during our stay some people came inquiring about the resort acting like big shots that disturbed our supposed to be private family bonding.
4. Generally their staffs are polite but not all are well trained. When we are about to leave the resort, one staff that just reported to her shift arrived and checked our room which for me is just perfectly fine since it just a simple routine in all resorts and hotels. However she tried to hold us asking for some towels. I told her that we were not given towels and we brought our own. She rudely said "you wait while I check", insinuating that we may have taken their towels. After calling someone on the phone it was confirmed that I am telling the truth. She just simply said you can go as if she is sending a beggar away without even bothering to apologize for her offensive attitude or simply thank us for patronizing their resort. My wife and I felt so insulted and that really ruined our supposed to be enjoyable stay at the resort. But being an even-tempered person I just let the incident passed and never bothered to complain to the owner.
Overall the resort is nice for a small family gathering or celebration for not more than 20 people but not good enough if you will have a bigger group specially with a bunch of kids running around because the place is just too small. Frankly speaking I will not consider coming back to this place again simply because it falls short of my expectations and most importantly because of that very rude staff . It’s a pity because the couple who owns the place Alan and his wife are really very nice folks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cool Martin Resort welcomes you to the ultimate chill out. Come and enjoy a friendly - family atmosphere. Enjoy relaxing in our pool, Jacuzzi and Sauna. Sleep well in our clean, comfortable and air-conditioned rooms. Enjoy our restaurant, Karaoke and Bar. We aim to provide the best service possible and make your stay a memorable one. Overnight security, free parking space, free wi-fi access on the rooms, cable TV's and water heated showers plus a sun lounge area. A mini slides for the kids and the kid at heart and a 24hrs bar/restaurant area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Cool Martin Family Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.