“Fine”

Restaurante El Taino
Ranked #14 of 21 Restaurants in Lares
Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

I walked in exceptic after reading the Google reviews. My experience was that the food portions were acceptable. The price paid wasn't bad. The place is not wow, but it's depends the particular preferences. Maybe around they have something else.
I will recommend to walk in and check the menu. As well, ask the waitress and they will recommend you to get accordingly with your preferences.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed July 29, 2017 via mobile

We waited 45 mins for food!! All the food was cold and tasty BAD!! And they didn't care to make it right!!!! Oh and let me add that it was empt (now i know why) Don't go!! Even the hotdog buns were burnt!!!

Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

We waited more than an hour and not even water was made available to us. In addition in another table was a roach running live over a chair and we saw when a family complaint about it but nothing was done.

Reviewed July 9, 2017 via mobile

We went to this place by recommendation and here are the details: We walk in and wait by front desk for 5 to 10 minutes with no one greeting us. I then walk over to the bar and ask the female, she said to sit anywhere. We find a place to sit (Only like 3 tables are occupied. We wait 15 minutes, No waitress, water, or menu. A rowdy group enters, they are waited on immediately and beers serves to them quickly. Still waiting and notice that patrons around us don't look to happy. Table next to us gets food brought out to them and sent it back to kitchen. Th woman who sent food back told us she had been waiting over an hour for her order, and when it finally was served, her chicken was not cooked. We got up and left. Definitely will not spend our money there. I gave it 1 star just to rate it.

Reviewed June 4, 2017 via mobile

Entering the Camuy River Caverns Park a gentleman gave us a flyer of the restaurant, so as we ended our Caverns trip we were starving and decided to give it a try.
The place is huge, very good parking, clean and Puerto Rico themed inside and out.
I think they should have a host outside the main to receive guests ( we thought it was closed).
They took our order pretty fast. Our drinks were on the table fast, too. Sangria was delish! The entries had a very generous amount, looked good and was very savory (it's authentic Puerto Rican food).
We ordered papaya and white local cheese as the dessert and it was way too yummy!
When we got there around 4:30 it was pretty easy but as we stepped out it was packed.
Hubby and I enjoyed the gastronomic experience.

Thanks!