“Great hotel!”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Airdrie
Camrose, Alberta
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from a girls weekend away in Calgary and spent the first night here. Had a little trouble navigating our way to the hotel, only because we were not familiar with the area. The hotel is easily visible from the highway. Friendly staff, nicely furnished room. The beds are so incredibly comfortable. I was impressed with the hot buffet in the morning. Pancakes, sausages, eggs, etc. Well stocked with a large dining area. We stayed at a different chain hotel in Calgary for the remainder of our weekend and found ourselves wishing it was the Holiday Inn. Will definitely be back!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
gmairdrie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Airdrie, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for the fantastic review. I am genuinely sorry you did not enjoy your stay at the other hotel, but also very proud of the staff at our hotel for setting the bar so high. Im very happy you enjoyed your girls’ weekend and think you deserve more of them… at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Edson, Canada
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Had last minute notice that I had to travel to Calgary for one night and could not find a room that was close to Downtown Calgary except crappy places so I stayed here and the bed was pretty nice. Room was good (Should be for the price). one thing I like about these hotels is the great breakfast buffet they have. But I was disapointed that I o think these morning breakfast buffets should start earlier. But anyways the place was clean and fairly quiet. and it took 45 min. to get down town by driving to the LRT at Sunridge mall.

Room Tip: The rooms on the east side are facing away from the highway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
gmairdrie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Airdrie, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank very much for the wonderful and informative comments. We are constantly reviewing breakfast times and will take your comments into consideration. If you stay with us again, and need breakfast earlier than 6:30am weekdays or 7:00am weekends, please feel free to request some items from the desk the night prior, and they will try to accommodate. I am glad you enjoyed the bed. I truly hope we may be able to provide an excellent experience next time.
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Room was clean and breakfast was fine. Not too far from the Calgary Airport (15 min.) and there is a big mall nearby called CrossIron. One exit either way to Starbucks and/or major stores. It is just two minutes off the highway between the Calgary Airport and Red Deer/Edmonton.

Room Tip: Stayed several times, all rooms fine so far
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
gmairdrie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Airdrie, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments. We appreciate being recognized for the convenient location of the hotel to the Airport and Cross Iron Mills Mall. I will make sure the housekeeping staff is aware of your comments. We look forward to seeing you again.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed here for one night one October 1st 2012. Check in very quick. Room nice and clean feeling. Would of liked if the window opened up wider for fresh air. The beds are super plush and soft. I slept like a baby!! The breakfast area is large with plenty of tables and chairs. They had bacon and scrambled eggs on the morning of our stay...my Mom loved this!!! I would definitely stay here again and recommend to make a reservation as the hotel was 100% sold out when we were there and it was a Monday night.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
gmairdrie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Airdrie, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you very much foryour kind feedback. We have definitely seen a great surge in positive comments about the beds since we replaced them in June. Im very happy you enjoyed your stay and will be passing these comments along to all the staff. I look forward to you staying with us the next time you are in the area.
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights and would definitely return next time we are in the area. The hotel seemed quite new. Our room was huge - lots of room for all 4 of us. It was nice having the pull-out sofa so the kids didn't have to share a bed. The beds and pillows were really comfortable. The room was clean when we arrived and was clean for us by the time we got back in the afternoon from being out and about. The pool, hot tub and waterslide were lots of fun - we pretty much had the pool area to ourselves all weekend! The breakfasts were fabulous - lots of variety and something for everyone. The hotel was also really quiet - we weren't bothered by any noise at all the whole 3 days we were there. The front desk and all the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
gmairdrie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Airdrie, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for the great feedback. We strive to ensure our leisure travelers can enjoy the hotel as much as our corporate clients do. Im glad you where able to enjoy the pool facilities and I think you were quite lucky as I have seen it pretty busy on the weekends. I look forward to you staying with us again. I will make sure the staff see this wonderful review.
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed here for two lots of 2 nights and the only criticism we had was that the water slide wasn't open!
Staff could not be more helpful. They provided real milk in place of powdered milk whenever I needed it...I can't stand that powdered stuff and drink A LOT of tea!! On our second stint here I needed to print our boarding passes for our flight home. Unfortunately the printer in the business centre was playing up however the Receptionist (I think she was Tanya) promptly got onto the airline website, took my booking reference, checked all 4 of us in and printed our boarding passes :)
Very, very impressed and we will certainly be back.

Room Tip: 102 & 104 are the nearest rooms to the pool
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
gmairdrie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Airdrie, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I will be sure to let Tanya know how proud I am that she went the extra mile. I think I will even get her a Starbucks gift card. I truly look forward to you staying with us again and once again the staff and I appreciate the positive reinforcement.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The room was furnished excellent. The bed was so nice and comfortable. The hot breakfast was excellent. The staff was excellent and helpful. Very nice place to stay and excellent rates with Caa card. I strongly recommend staying at this place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your wonderful comment about the beds. We are very proud to say we just put in high quality mattresses and box springs a couple of months ago. I will definitely be passing your comments on to the staff as they appreciate hearing about delivering wonderful service. I look forward to having you stay with us the next time you are in the area.