“October overnight stay on way to Calgary airport” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Airdrie Hotel and Suites

Ramada Airdrie Hotel and Suites
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Airdrie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Wow we had a great stay and I highly recommend this Hotel. Next time I am in Calgary I will drive to airdrie just to stay at the Ramada.Sept.19th we stayed in a excellent suite. This place rocks and the staff are the very best. I got the last room and we loved every minute of our stay.Great pool and superior waterslide.Very clean pool area. Very clean modern rooms.Also great location close to cross iron mills shopping.All in all a fantastic experience and a big Thank-You to the hotel staff. See you soon.

Room Tip: We faced East away from the highway.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Crystal1116, General Manager at Ramada Airdrie Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
On behalf of the staff and management of the Ramada Airdrie we would like to thank you for the great review. It is reviews like this that truly show our guests the great experience they recieve while staying at the Airdrie Ramada. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Devon Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed here one night, as a result of having to attend an out of town work-related conference. I admit, I was dismayed when I was researching the accommodation choices offered in Airdrie. I chose the Ramada because it had a pool, and because the internet (non-refundable) rate was decent.
The only thing lacking about this hotel is the location. It is one road back from HWY 2, and is situated neatly behind a Shell gas station, and beside, what I believed to be, a car-sales lot. If you are an Air Miles collector, as I am, then the Shell station is a plus. Otherwise, not much to look at. By far, the oddest thing about the hotel, is that the main entrance is tucked around the back, completely out of view from anybody coming in from the road. Parking was no worry....tons of it, and all FREE!!!!
The lobby is very nice and neat. I was impressed with the fact that, apart from the free coffee/tea/hot chocolate displayed, there was also a full (spiggoted ) container that held fresh iced water, replete with orange slices floating in it. There was a popcorn maker in the corner, but I was disappointed that it was empty, and when I asked the lady at the reception desk what the popcorn-maker hours were, she sheepishly looked at her watch (it was 7;30 p.m.) and said "Um.....10 p.m." She made no inquiry whether I would like some, nor did she make any attempt to make a fresh batch. If I were in her position, and a customer (whom I knew had just traveled 3 hours by car) was asking about the popcorn.......well, that would have been my first clue to go put some on. I was the only one checking in at this time too. So that was a let down................
My room was #405. It was very large and clean (apart from the dirty/upside-down coffee cup I found). I had 2 Queen beds and a corner chair, a microwave, and a little kitchenette. There was also a very large work desk and computer chair.
The bathroom was clean and neat. I loved the 4-setting showerhead!!
The pool was great. This is the second warmest pool that I have ever been in. The first being the pool in the Calgary Fairmont Palliser. The pool shower dribbled less than a newborn baby boy peeing, so that will need some attention by maintenance staff. There was a waterslide of moderate size also. The hot tub was occupied by a couple, and since I had the pool to myself, I decided not to go and interrupt their alone time.
The hotel has a door in the lobby that connects to a Smitty's restaurant next door. I found this to be fantastic! Food very close at hand! But, to my pleasant surprise, when I came down to the lobby in the morning.....a continental breakfast had been provided!!! I do not remember this from the booking info I received, so perhaps it was just implemented??????? It wasn't too much, just bagels (cream cheese or butter available) and yogourt , coffee/tea....etc, but it was enough for me. I don't believe, however, that the orange-slice water had been refreshed; all of the ice was melted, and the water level was where it was when I checked in.
The desk staff and housekeeping staff were all very friendly and the only thing that seemed to take its time doing anything was the elevator.
If all you need is a nice place to rest your head...this is the place. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Crystal1116, General Manager at Ramada Airdrie Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
On behalf of the Airdrie Ramada Inn and Suites
I would like to thank you for a great review please note that all feedback and comments are what helps us to grow and better ourselves as a hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Kenora, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

I would reccomend this hotel to anyone the prices are great the staff are great and pool is one of the best. We were welcomed by a friendly lady at the front desk that went above and beyond to ensure our hotel stay was the best. As busy travellers we love this type of service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Crystal1116, General Manager at Ramada Airdrie Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to take the time to write such a great review it is guests like you that make our hotel so memorable.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Airdrie
BEST WESTERN Airdrie
#6 of 9 in Airdrie
Northeast Calgary
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites
Northeast Calgary
Homewood Suites by Hilton Calgary-Airport

Been to Ramada Airdrie Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!