“Best sushi and Korean food in Calgary!”
Review of Zenbu

Zenbu
Ranked #17 of 136 Restaurants in Airdrie
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Just went with a large group of students and there was no waiting, food came out fast, fresh and delicious! Rice was still slightly warm as it should be, amazing attention to artistic detail in presentation. I sampled sushi rolls and Korean bulgogi, all the best I've had! I travel to Japan and this is equal or better than food experienced there.

2  Thank Travelfoodwrtiter

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

On the way back to Edmonton we met our daughter and son-in-law here for supper. Great selection of rolls and impressed by how fresh and tasty everything was! Will definitely be back - try the Crazy Mama!

1  Thank Bethums
Reviewed April 14, 2014

The food here is consistently good and always fresh. I am usually someone who will always try something different but since my family and I have discovered this restaurant, we pick it every time. It is the best restaurant I have eaten at in a long time.

1  Thank Missmaxx06
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My daughter and son -in - law live in Airdrie and as it is one of their favourite places to eat, brought us during our last visit. It is located in a power centre beside the new Sobey's, central/west part of Airdrie. Furnishings are new, attractive and large booths are located at the back beside the open air kitchen and sushi station. With 4 adults and 2 small children, we had ample room in the booth we were sat at. Service is fast and friendly with lots of staff to help out. The menu is large with many pictures describing the type of food you would be ordering. The only problem we can see with this place, is there is too many choices and since they all look great, it is hard to choose. Perhaps that is why there appears to be so many repeat visitors.
After ordering our meals, they brought two appetizer plates to nibble on. Refreshing and very tasty. Our food came out in a timely fashion and very hot. We all sampled each other's order and all were great. The sushi rolls are long and an ample meal for one person.
The wine is served by the glass, it does not appear to be offered as a bottle or half litre. No choice on type, just red or white. Also, the beer menu was just the bland standard types, and two japenese beers. No dark beers or anything by Big Rock Breweries in Calgary. Please management, when you have a restaurant in Alberta, you have to have a dark ale and frankly 2 or 3 types of beers from Big Rock on your menu.
All in all, we were very pleased with the food, service and pricing. We saw people come and go with take out orders so the locals have found this gem, even though they do not have a website or appear to advertise. Word of mouth seems to be doing the job. I had to ask Trip Advisor to launch their name as I could not find it on Trip Advisor after leaving the restaurant for the first time. Next time down I will take some pictures and post them to this page. On the Urbanspoon.com website I found a page for Zenbu with pictures and their menu posted. Go there to see how attractive this place can be!
In summary, thank you Zenbu for offering such great food. We will be back.

3  Thank HappycampersCanada