“First Visit”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Carstairs, Canada
“First Visit”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This was a surprise, I expected that it would be small like a take-out place but plenty of room available. The service was awesome, had tea within 5 mins of being there. The food was great. The lobster rolls were to die for. I'll definitely go back to try more from their menu. There was so much to choose from.

• Visited May 2014

Red Deer, Canada
“Great sushi, great prices!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had lunch on our way through aurdrie. The girl who served us was very friendly and efficient. She loved our baby and even carried her around for a few minutes as we ate (the restaurant was very quiet as it was 2pm). The food is a very good price in my opinion and it was also delicious. It came out really fast too. I had the deep fried tempura beef rolls (so good!) and tempura veggies, my husband had a combo with various maki and tempura avocado. It was all great. The decor is modern and the whole place is very clean, including the bathrooms. We have been to the other sushi place a couple times and to me, kirala is much better.

“Service is deplorable”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a tasteless food with a bad service, then you found your place. They took out plate before we were done, rolls and sushi are lacking salt ..... The worst place I have eaten in Airdrie.

• Visited September 2013
Calgary
“Bento box lunch special”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

During lunch they have a Bento Box special that is worth trying. It offeres great value, nice portions and filling for the $12 price.
If you do take out the lady still offered a free cup of green tea while I watied for them to make up the food.
Great food, fantastic value and a hidden gem in Airdries "Big Box" jungle of shops.

Visited September 2013
Calgary
“Another great Sushi place in Airdrie”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We were going to head to Sushi Haru but saw this place on TA and decided to give it a try. Excellent decision. Kirala is located pretty much in the middle of Towerlane Mall on Main Street. Their menu is much more extensive than Sushi Haru (a few blocks north), the decor is more inviting, the service is attentive, and soft music plays in the background....nice. We started with tempura shrimp, which were perfectly cooked, crisp and meaty, not doughy at all. Then came the sushi: fresh, well prepared, and large portions. My wife, who is a bit of a sushi foodie, said that their fish portions are a bit smaller than Sushi Haru, but so are their prices. She loved the Miso soup, which for a buck and a half was huge, piping hot, and delicious. I really liked the menu: large pictures and typed descriptions of every item. I thought it would make ordering easier....but everything looked so good, it was hard to choose. Comparing this to one of our go-to sushi places in Dalhousie, which is so loud you have to yell at your table mates, we much prefer this atmosphere....and in our opinion the sushi is better. We spoke with the very pleasant manager Ashley, who told us Kirala has been at this location about a year. Business was slow at first, but has been picking up steam. And no wonder. Hopefully when the word gets out, it isn't so busy you have to wait to get in. The fact that the chefs personally thanked us on our way out was a nice touch. Kirala is totally worth the trip to Airdrie, and we'll definitely be back.

• Visited August 2013