“Big Suprise - Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Peppercorns

Peppercorns
Ranked #8 of 133 Restaurants in Airdrie
Cuisines: Canadian, Italian, International
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Casual fine dining establishment. Great for business meetings or family functions. As all the meals are freshly prepared,it may take a while. We recommend that you come in for the evening and enjoy the experience. If you are in a hurry,please mention that to your server and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Calgary, Canada
“Big Suprise - Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife and I just went to Peppercorns for a nice quite dinner.

When we first drove up we were a little taken aback by the location. It is in an old brick building right next to Scenic View Motors and Alpine Radiator. Not exactly where you would expect to find a quality restaurant but maybe a cafeteria or breakfast house. But when we opened the door and went in we were in for a big surprise. It is a deceivingly larger establishment than the building shows. The décor and layout of the tables reminds me of one of those quaint family run restaurants you would find in France. It was a very pleasant surprise.

The service was excellent. We were pleasantly greeted and placed immediately upon entering. There were only 2 monsieur's but they managed to work together as a team and served the dozen or so patrons very professionally and efficiently. They were very helpful and made several recommendations to us that were 'spot on'.

I had the vegetable risotto with greens. It was one of the best risotto's I have had in a long time. The best part of the dish was it's deep and creamy vegetable flavour. Just amazing. Hard to explain in words how good this dish was. Highly recommended. My wife had the chicken catetori. The chicken was very tender and the sauce was excellent. It was very obvious that both dishes were made from fresh whole ingredients. For the quality of the food the portions are large. I myself had a hard time finishing it. Highly recommend the homemade tiramisu. Again, up there with some of the best tiramisu's I have had in a while.

Overall this restaurant could easily challenge any of the top big city restaurants in Calgary. I will definitely be recommending this restaurant to my friends and family and look forward to going again to sample some of the other items on the menu.

• Visited May 2013
5 Thank davidnicholsonshawca

Calgary, Alberta
“Great Food Casual Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a hard to find spot but worth the looking. The food is great. The place is not fancy but clean and very comfortable. Ask for Al, the waiter, to serve you and you are sure to have an enjoyable time

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Myrna90
Airdrie, Canada
“Amazing food in Airdrie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We dined at Peppercorns on my Birthday this year and had an amazing time. Some may say that their menu is pricey, but you definitely what you pay for here!! Not only was the food absolutely amazing, but we were served as though we were the only table in the place. I cant believe it took us two years to finally go here.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Joshiggity
Calgary
“Another one of Airdries' better kept secrets!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

Italian is the flare and it is done extremely well. Staff for this smaller restaurant is usually just two men. They are excellent. Quisine is upper end and moderately priced for what your get. I love it and better yet, so does she. My mother passed two yrs ago and my senior father recently remarried again. First visit with us and we took them to Peppercorns- perfect! This place never lets me down, business or pleasure. Great menu, willing to add or change for you, and always with the feel of a personal touch. Cant say enough. Just go.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank 1shoelace
Calgary
“Its a decent spot.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Its a decent place to go for a special b-day or anniversary or things like that.
Its pricey but worth a visit once or twice a year.
Better to go on a weekend. It's dead early in the week.

• Visited November 2012