“If you need to stay for buisness or pleasure Super 8 is where to be!”
Review of Super 8 Airdrie AB

Super 8 Airdrie AB
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Airdrie
haveasmiletoday
“If you need to stay for buisness or pleasure Super 8 is where to be!”
Reviewed January 26, 2011

Super 8 is like my second home while I attend ACSA it is only a 10 minute drive from the school. The Staff was wonderful very polite and organized. The place has just gone through renovations and it looks great, new floors, bathrooms and not too sure but the beds do feel new.
I was talking to one of the staff and I was told that they have a barbeque and they supply the propane so if you are staying for business or a crew needing a to stay a week or up to a year, it is like having a kitchen right there they have tables so you can sit with all everyone and eat home cook food. Yum.
Also you know how some hotels have a “pool” at the super 8 you get a pass to the reck center across the road. So swimming working out or just sitting in the steam room they have it I think they have a gym, I don’t know for sure so it check it out if you stay there, its way better than a “pool.”
Thank you staff at the Super 8 Hotel in Airdrie, you were also part of my wonderful stays, thanks.
OH almost forgot Cross Iron Milss is closer than the school so like 8 mins perfect shoping getta way stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Lethbridge, AB
Reviewed December 5, 2008

We had to stay in Airdrie for a soccer tournament and reserved our room at the hotel that our team was staying at. We had reserved our rooms months in advance. When I arrived to check in, the front desk clerk asked for my credit card. I have a very low limit ($500) on my credit card. She told me my credit card was no good, so I told her I would pay with my debit card when we checked out. She said she had to hold $500 on my credit card or needed $500 cash for the weekend...$250 for the 2 night's stay and $250 for a damage deposit. When I told her that I have $250 for the 2 night's stay but no more than that, she told me I would have to go someplace else. Airdrie was totally full that weekend. I had to ask my son's coach for the $250 damage deposit. I felt horrible and sick to my stomach and uncomfortable all weekend. I have never been treated so poorly. And, there was no mention of a damage deposit when I made my reservations.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The front desk clerks
  • Stayed August 2008
    • Check in / front desk
4 Thank Mona67
Prince George
Reviewed September 28, 2008

This is my first review ever, but this hotel disappointed me so much in every way. We were put on the bottom floor with our window right beside the enterance where a park bench sits. It was a Friday night, so until 3 AM people were coming and going or coming outside to sit on the bench I assume to have a cigarette. The language was terrible, every 2nd word was the "F" word. After 3AM, it did quiet down, but I didn't sleep the rest of the night. I was told later there was a "crew of workers" staying there for a length of time and they were the ones making the noise. The following morning I requested a room change, I was told the motel was booked but the front dest attendant was confident she could accomodate me. While at the continental breakfast at just before 10:00 AM she came in and asked if I was packed up yet and if I wanted another room, I would have to leave immediately and not return until after 3:00PM so my room could be cleaned for someone else. This wasn't going to work as the event we were attending started at 3 PM, also there were 4 of us and I didn't want to inconvenience my whole family. So she said my only choice was to stay where we were and call the front desk if there was any noise. I don't understand why a room couldn't be cleaned so we could move, but I just don't think she could be bothered to try to accomodate me. We did end up staying the 2nd night in the same room and it was a little better, but I still found people coming and going certainly kept me from having a good sleep. I especially found when vehicles were idling in the front, the exhaust came right in our room. And during the day and evening if our curtains were open, naturally everyone looked in as they walked by or headlights shined into our room.
At checkout when asked how I enjoyed my stay, I told the 2 girls at the front I was unhappy and why, all I got in return was silence.
A few other things that didn't turn out well was there was no pool, but we got passes to go to the community pool next door, but there were lessons going on, 2 of us were offered the use of the hot tub and we were waiting for the rest of our party but they were turned away.
This motel charges enough that you would expect a clean room with good service, but I didn't find we got either. We paid a lot of money to not sleep.
My advise to anyone thinking of staying here is to make sure you don't get a room near the front entrance, I'm sure the 2nd or 3rd floor would be fine, especially on the back. There's a picnic table out the back entrance, so the bottom floor may have the same problem.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — The service
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank lovestotravelE34P66
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 11, 2004

I was very Disappointed in my stay at the super 8 in Airdrie.We went to Airdrie for a peewee hockey tournament ages 11&12, when we booked rooms that was the only hotel left for acomadations.We Checked in on Friday Jan 9 for two nights, There was absolutely nothing for these children to do when they were not playing hockey. The afternoon and evening front desk girls were not very nice to our boys, I think they expected them to sit nicely and don't move. I checked out at 9:00am Sun Jan 11/04, I asked for a late check out but I was told no.I had forgot something in my room I went back at 12:30pm Jan 11/04, was not to be found, I was told somebody must have gone in my room and took it.And that was all they could do or say to me. My husband and our kids travel alot and I will never stay at a super 8 hotel again, even if that means I have to sleep in my vehicle. Thank you

29 Thank A TripAdvisor Member