Not too bad for cleanliness in the room for this type of motel, probably because it is fairly new. Our sports team stayed here for a tournament, although only because it was the only one with vacancy. The price is higher than I would have expected to pay, and if was not for our team staying there, would have booked elsewhere. Not too much for the kids to do, as there is no pool or anything. Only convenience is the arena (Genesis Place) across the street and they also gave us free passes for the pool there. Their "dining" area for the continental breakfast is also very small. Breakfast is pretty frugal but since we have had experience with Super 8 before, did not expect very much. We skipped the scant offerings and went to a near Tim Horton's instead.
Want to mention though that there was at least one or two picky people that stayed at the motel. They complained about some of our team making too much noise in a room. The girls were a bit louder than usual yes, but not hooligan-like or anything. The complaint was lodged at maybe 9 pm. This seems pretty early to be complaining about noise issues. The hotel complied and came up, although we had already spoken to our girls and they were already just hanging out quietly by that time. If noise can be complained about at any time, then what about the people who do not need to get up at 5:00 am for work or whatever, and are rudely awaken in the mornings listening to the loud footsteps, door slamming, and listening/smelling to the diesel fumes as trucks are warmed up for 30 to 45 minutes on a warm spring morning???
Lighting was not very good in the rooms, and the bed is very hard / firm but not in a good way. We have an extra firm bed at home and it is heaven to sleep on. Also, the blanket was barely thicker than a cloth and could barely be shared. Room was also stuffy and temperatures not controlled very well.
Since the review combines the ratings for check in and check out, I'd like to point out that our check-in person was not friendly at all. However, all the other staff throughout the stay were very friendly and efficient when we asked questions, etc.
Sorry, would not book again unless we absolutely must.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Super 8 Airdrie is newly renovated and is close to Calgary International Airport and Hwy 2. It is very convenient for business travellers, families, and sports teams with inroom fridge and microwave. Hotel Offers Free passes to Genesis place, Free Deluxe Continental Breakfast, Free local calls, Free Wi-Fi Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Super 8 Airdrie AB reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Motel - Airdrie Hotel Airdrie
- Super 8 Airdrie AB Alberta
- Super Eight Airdrie
- Airdrie Super 8
- Airdrie Super Eight