“Wonderful stay!”

Best Western Airdrie
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Airdrie
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I don't know what some are talking about in their reviews. Charging issues are another story; I was spectacle after reading these, however our stay with them was wonderful. The service was great, rooms- couldn't have asked for more, and the complementary continental breakfast was amazing. The front desk clerk was very friendly with my kids, even gave us a hand on great activities they would enjoy while visiting. I would love to stay with them again.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Waited at the front desk to check in as another person was telling the front desk clerk he wanted a room that wasn't already occupied. When I made my reservation I asked for a cot to be put in the room, asked about it at check in and the clerk said oh I don't think you have one. Told her I requested a cot and she said we probably don't even have one. Checked in went to our room keys wouldn't work asked for new ones and the clerk just changed us to a totally different room. Hot tub was out of order, gym equipment didn't work. Maid thought it was her job to holler at my kids for throwing a soccer ball (they shouldn't have thrown it but sure isn't up to her to holler at them). Internet down half the day, elevator down half the day. Bedding had holes in it. Tv picture was horrible. You are allowed to smoke on the balconies, but there is nothing to put cigarette butts in so they were just put out on the deck, or railing, or tossed onto the roof of the passthrough. The first morning we were not ready for the maid service when they came so they didn't come back. There is no restaurant, only a lounge so nowhere to take the kids to eat unless you leave. One of the boys put a piece of their soccer equipment onto the ledge of the balcony to dry and the wind blew it onto the roof of the passthrough, called down to the front desk and they wouldn't even come look to see if they could reach it, they just said we have no maintenance until tomorrow. Very Highly doubt I would ever stay again

Room Tip: If you have children do not stay here. May be alright if you are only here to sleep in your room I g...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We've stayed at this hotel a handful of times in the past year. The hotel is very central, has easy access to Calgary and there are main street restaurants close by. The beds are very comfortable and we appreciated the cleanliness. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The King rooms are very large and spacious. It's worth the upgrade for those that might need th...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Pros: friendly helpful staff, spacious room with two queens, great free breakfast (my teen boys loved it), allows pets, comfortable bed and pillows that appeared to be new, larger-than-average modern mini-fridge, wonderful pizza place nearby (I think it was called Paul's) Cons: We had a room in the motel-like part of the hotel. Our room faced a car park and was adjacent to a garbage-filled alley and derelict housing with boarded-up windows. This made me question the safety of the area, but we encountered no problems walking the dogs down the alley. I would not let my teens go alone though. The hotel room decor was a little outdated.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Suzanne J
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We arrived at 1:30 am and left the hotel first thing in the morning when i arrived home i checked my master card and was charged an extra 500.00 dollars from the hotel.
when i called about this charged, they said we were smoking in the room i stayed in!!!
they said they had pics of it! I asked for the pics and they were sent to me and the pictures were not even on the bed we slept in or proof that it was even the room we stayed in. there is a balcony off the room! If i was to smoke i would smoke there!
they said both beds were slept in and we only used 1! I said maybe it was the people before or after and there reply was...that i should check the room over when we get in.
i arrived at 1:30 am and only stayed there over night because we were to tired to keep driving!! who checks over the room?
guess we all should!!!
please be careful of this hotel they set you up to charge more on you credit card.
they will not deal with you and they ignore you and are very rude! I am 48 yrs old I respect rules!!! I am out raged at this charge!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Rulene K
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Our room was clean and surprisingly quiet. The staff was extremely helpful and the food at breakfast was very good. The parking was convenient and it was within walking distance of food. We didn't use the bar area at all. My only suggestion would be real plates and utensils at breakfast instead of the paper and plastic.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel on two previous occasions, but they have now completely lost me. It started by losing my reservation. I showed them my e-mail confirmation, but they couldn't find it, so they offered me a room at a discounted price to acknowledge the mix up. Their discounted price was greater than my confirmed price (also listed on my e-mail). I asked to speak to a manager. No manager! Call back on Monday. I called on Monday, "Oh, she's back next Monday and no one else can help you - write an e-mail and she'll respond". In the meantime I filled out a survey, honestly, and had the regional manager write me to apologize. I wrote her back asking her to take care of me being over charged. I'm now almost 2 weeks later, and I've been completed ignored by both the Manager and Regional Manager.

Now to make things as worse as they can get, I just saw my Visa statement and I was charged TWICE. Once for the room at the lower price (that I reserved), and the room for the higher price.

The night we stayed, we had to get a new room because the walls were paper thin and the group next to us were partying.

If you care about your money, don't stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family