“Not a Best Western - Old roadside motel badly renovated” 1 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Airdrie

BEST WESTERN Airdrie
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Airdrie
Saskatoon, Canada
“Not a Best Western - Old roadside motel badly renovated”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We are on the end of a two week road trip which we stayed in mostly Best Westerns. thinking that this hotel would match the quality we had previously experienced we booked for an over night in Calgary. I am seriously thinking that my car would have been a better choice. The rooms stink of stale smoke and deep fried food. The AC has not touched the temperature of the room and smells of mold. There are extensive renovations going on which was not noted when we booked. The bathrooms are old, dark and a bit less than sanitary. The beds are poor quality.This is not a best western hotel. This is a old rigger motel that someone thought they could put some paint on and call a hotel. Dont waste your money. Book elsewhere or sleep in your car.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LMS0517
BWAirdrie, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Airdrie, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear LMS0517,

Please allow me to offer sincere apologies for any inconvenience experienced during our exterior renovation. I am pleased to let you know our exterior renovation is now completed. All of our guest rooms are very nicely updated and genuinely are the cleanest and most comfortable in Airdrie. We include the best complimentary hot breakfast in town for all guests. Our team knew it was time to have the quality of the outside match the quality inside, hence the renovation. I sincerely hope you choose to stay with us again now that renovations are complete. Our team would like another opportunity to provide you with a superior stay.

Best Western Regency Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Fort St. John, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I am a Best Western Rewards member so I stay at Best Westerns everywhere I travel. Unfortunately someone allowed this place to carry the BW name and it is not deserving.
List of issues:
Room had cig smoke coming in through washroom, frontdesk says they cant stop people from smoking outside....
Air conditioning didnt affect temp in room. Having to shower three times throughout one night not acceptable
Mag key didnt work even for front desk worker so had to give us master key to use to open room.
The room is so small i had to turn sideways to get past the second bed to get into the washroom.
Elevator broken
Pet room on the third floor with broken elevator. Asked if floor one had room and was told no.
Called 5 hrs after checking in to ask about how room temp was hotter inside then out with AC full. Only to be told they could move us to a pet room on the first floor. Almost made me move across the streetto new hotel.

This hotel is a discusting experience that I will tell BW chain about as they are charging premium hotel prices for a low rent motel.

Room Tip: Dont accept anything room in the motel "L" wing.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank G P
Dear GP,

Please allow me to take this opportunity to offer my deepest apologies for the issues experienced during your stay. Our team strives to make every guest experience and interaction enjoyable. I am deeply sorry that you did not have a positive experience. Please contact me personally should you choose to stay with us again. We would genuienely enjoy the opportunity to make this right for you and your family.

New Glasgow, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I was in Alberta for Stampede and my son's wedding.I can not say enough about the staff for this hotel.They are all wonderful and helpful..We stayed nine nights and never once did we hear any noise from the other rooms or hallway.The beds were very comfortable and our room was cleaned spotless every day.I will be back!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lynn M
Dear Lynn,

On behalf of the entire staff I would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding the helpfulness of the staff and the cleanliness of our rooms. It was a genuine pleasure to meet you and your family and to serve you. We are pleased you had a wonderful stay with us during the Calgary Stampede and your sons wedding and hope to see you again!

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

i am not one to write reviews. i am very busy and spend a ton of time traveling for work. this eveining however was exceptional. i arrived at 4 am needing a room. exaughsted after trying to power through an evening drive to get home and was too tired. i pulled into the best western with a not so normal situation. i had left my credit card in a gas pump and had to cancel it. a bit flustered with that i was sure getting a room would be difficult and i was in for a frustrating ordeal. i can understand the hotels position but this wasnt a normal one for me.

i came in polite and optomistic as possible and Michelle at the front desk greeted me. let me remind you it was 4am. she was polite, helpful, cheery.. and yes 4 am.... my gaurd was down.

i explained my situation and she handled it in such a positive way i will drive the extra distance from calgary to support this location. i highly receommend this hotel. it was clean, bed was new and confortable and staff were amazing..

i brings me a ton of satisfaction to send this review as it takes alot to exceed my expectation.

kind Regards,

darren

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Darren M
Dear Darren,

On behalf of the entire Front Desk team I would like to thank you for taking the time to recognize the exceptional service provided by our Night Auditor. I am pleased we were able to catch you off guard and provide friendly, polite and helpful service...even at 4 am when you were not expecting it. Outstanding service is a must 24 hours a day. Thank you!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel on Hotwire and I have to say I probably would've given it a pass if I hadn't already paid. So glad I didn't! As previous reviewers have said- don't let the exterior fool you. This is a clean, quiet, well-maintained hotel.
Comfy, clean bed, soft pillows, spacious and immaculate room. It was a little warm in the room when I arrived, but 15 minutes with the air con, then an open window for the night and we were golden! I was worried about potential noise with proximity to QE2, but it was great. Window open was like my own personal white noise machine; and I'm a light sleeper.
Staff super helpful and friendly. When I noticed scaffolding on my patio, as work is being done to building exterior, I called front desk. They told me they'd ask the guys to start work later in the morning, after I was up and out, so as not to disturb me. By the way, room 209 on the south side of the building has a nice patio.
The hot breakfast included with my stay was also good. The bacon was crisp, I had my choice of eggs done two different ways, both fresh, and made to order pancakes or waffles; there were loads of choices. The kitchen staff was out several times to check on food and drinks and to make sure everything was in order. The dining area was clean and comfortable. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your rave reviews regarding our immaculate rooms, comfortable beds, complimentary hot breakfast and friendly staff! We strive to make every guests stay enjoyable. It was a genuine pleasure to serve you, your smile and positive words upon check out made my day. Thank you!

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I usually hate hotel beds but this one was comfortable. We had a decent sleep except for the noise. The walls are paper thin so we heard talking and laughing and in the morning the cleaning ladies start vacuuming early. Annoying.

The free breakfast was good and included hot items like scrambled eggs bacon and waffles.

It's not too far from Calgary and was cheaper than anything in the city so it was worth the drive.

Found a bug in our bed in the morning but it wasn't a bed bug and appeared to be the only one I could see...kinda like a tiny beetle.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for your positive comments regarding the comfort of our beds and the quality of our breakfast. We are proud to offer our guests the best complimentary breakfast in Airdrie. The quality and comfort of our beds is outstanding and we never tire of hearing our guests rave about our beds and breakfast!

Brooks, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

This hotel looked great online, the rooms looked clean, my family liked that breakfast was included and it had a whirlpool as well. I am a member of Best Western Rewards and try to stay in their hotels whenever possible. Big surprise when you check in there. First of all, the front desk staff is what can only be described as unproffesional, with the execption of one young lady. When me and my wife went to check in, the two ladies standing there (one older and one younger) finished their obnoxiously loud conversation before helping us out. We got to our room and although it was very clean (props to the housekeeping, the only redeeming aspect of this hotel), it was hot, stuffy and smelled of smoke. Our air conditioner barely worked and when it did, it sounded like a small aircraft taking off. Breakfast was dreadful, a small selection of dry muffins and soggy eggs. The price you pay a night (134.99 + tax) is an absolute joke for the level of service and quality of hotel. Beware: there is also a lounge in this hotel and you may have the unpleasant experience of dealing with some of it's drunk patrons. Do yourself and your family a favour (especially if you have small children) and reserve a room across the highway at the Holiday Inn, where there is at least a pool and water slide that doesn't look like it was shutdown by Alberta Health and Safety.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank krilety
BWAirdrie, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Airdrie, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Krilety,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I apologize for not meeting your expectations and hope to have another opportunity to serve you.

Best Western Regency Inn Airdrie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Airdrie
Northeast Calgary
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites

Been to BEST WESTERN Airdrie? Share your experiences!