“Absolutely Not Worth the Money - Stay Somewhere Else!!!”

Best Western Airdrie
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Airdrie
Brooks, Canada
“Absolutely Not Worth the Money - Stay Somewhere Else!!!”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

This hotel looked great online, the rooms looked clean, my family liked that breakfast was included and it had a whirlpool as well. I am a member of Best Western Rewards and try to stay in their hotels whenever possible. Big surprise when you check in there. First of all, the front desk staff is what can only be described as unproffesional, with the execption of one young lady. When me and my wife went to check in, the two ladies standing there (one older and one younger) finished their obnoxiously loud conversation before helping us out. We got to our room and although it was very clean (props to the housekeeping, the only redeeming aspect of this hotel), it was hot, stuffy and smelled of smoke. Our air conditioner barely worked and when it did, it sounded like a small aircraft taking off. Breakfast was dreadful, a small selection of dry muffins and soggy eggs. The price you pay a night (134.99 + tax) is an absolute joke for the level of service and quality of hotel. Beware: there is also a lounge in this hotel and you may have the unpleasant experience of dealing with some of it's drunk patrons. Do yourself and your family a favour (especially if you have small children) and reserve a room across the highway at the Holiday Inn, where there is at least a pool and water slide that doesn't look like it was shutdown by Alberta Health and Safety.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank krilety
BWAirdrie, General Manager at Best Western Airdrie, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Krilety,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I apologize for not meeting your expectations and hope to have another opportunity to serve you.

Best Western Regency Inn Airdrie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Very clean rooms, the free breakfast is awesome! but would be nice if it could open a 6am instead of 6:30. Front desk staff are fantastic especially Susan Ballard,she has great personality,very professional and efficient and leaves a great first impression.
Rooms have a good size fridge and decent microwave.
I recommend either the second or third floors facing south(view)
This will be the hotel I'll stay at every time I'm in Airdrie!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
BWAirdrie, General Manager at Best Western Airdrie, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Paul,

On behalf of the entire staff of the Best Western Regency Inn Airdrie please allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for your positive and kind words regarding the exceptional service of our team. We strive to provide outstanding service to all our guests. Greatly appreciated!
It is truly a pleasure to serve you and we look forward to seeing you again.

St. Albert, Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Online this hotel looked and sounded great. Also pet friendly. The staff were welcoming and friendly. This hotel is in need of a huge renovation. The room was stifling hot and smelled old and musty. The carpet needed cleaning and the lighting in the bathroom was poor. Once we got the air conditioner working, it was very loud as it cycled in and out through the night resulting in a poor sleep. We could hear the shower in the next room (5 am) and when we used our shower there was a high pitched sound coming from the pipes. Could not find the complimentary breakfast either. I will not stay here again unless it is improved. i was very disappointed.
When I mentioned these problems at check out, I got the impression it wasn't the first time they had heard these complaints.
$148.00 for a poor sleep.

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms 'before' formally checking in to avoid disappointment.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank cr0886
BWAirdrie, Front Office Manager at Best Western Airdrie, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thank you for your positive comments regarding the welcoming and
friendly nature of the staff, greatly appreciated!
Please be advised that the fee for our specifically designated
pet friendly guest rooms is $20 per night which was included in your bill.
I implemented a pet friendly policy this past summer, our guests and staff
seem to be truly enjoying the experience of a pet friendly Hotel.
Everyone who works here appears to love animals, we found a kitten
in a snowbank last winter and the staff was fighting over who got to keep him,
his name is Lucky and he lives with me.
I am genuinely sorry we did not meet your expectations,
it is truly our intention that every guest has a great experience.
Please contact me directly should you choose to stay with us again,
I would like another opportunity to serve you and to make this right.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I was very pleasantly surprised by our 1 night stay here. We had just finished the Canadian leg of our driving holiday and was due to fly out of Calgary to New York the next day. The room was very spacious with a nice, hushed sense of privacy. Toiletries and ensuite were nice. Aircon worked perfectly and quietly. The receptionist when we first arrived was very helpful and friendly. We took up her suggestion of dining at the Italian restaurant closeby, which had generous serving sizes at good prices with great food and service! Nothing to complain about with this Best Western!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Best Western Regency Inn Airdrie
while on the Canadian leg of your journey.
We are delighted you had a great stay with us and it sounds
like you had a lovely vacation.
It was a genuine pleasure to meet you and your family.
I thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel,
your positive comments regarding always appreciated.
Hope to see you again on your next Canadian vacation!

Winnipeg
Reviewed February 7, 2012

This is a nice hotel, a bit out of the way if you do not know the city, the staff will make your stay comfortable. The lounge is great and they food is ok for a mid level hotel. My only concern is the social hall is outside so you must dress warm or freeze getting to the hall. It is an aged building and can not accomodate large masses of people.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind words regarding the Best Western Regency Inn
and taking the time to review our hotel. I greatly appreciate you
mentioning the staff, people truly are the greatest asset in any
organization and we are a close and hardworking team.
Our banquet facillities do indeed require a one minute walk
as there is a separate entrance to our Diamond Room.
Allow me to reassure you that any staff member would be
happy to accompany a guest through the hotel should they be
unable to make that walk.

Coleville, Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed November 19, 2011

My first piece of advice is to not let the exterior floor you, once you get out of your vehicle and inside, you will be pleasantly surprised. The staff was amazing, Susan at the front as well as any of the others we dealt with were all cheerful, helpful and seemed to enjoy their jobs. I noticed that an effort was made to know all of their guest names by all employees. The rooms were clean and the beds offered some of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept at in a hotel. We were booked in for one night and due to weather needed to book a second night with minimal effort and just one phone call. I would recommend that you not brush this hotel off by the outside!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Tabatha C
BWAirdrie, Front Office Manager at Best Western Airdrie, responded to this review, November 27, 2011
Dear Tabatha,

It was an absolute pleasure to meet you and to serve you!
Thank you so much for your positive comments regarding the front desk staff,
I think they are amazing too. Positive people with a positive attitude!
I appreciate you mentioning the cleanliness of the rooms, our Head of Housekeeping
was delighted. She loves to clean and it shows.
I do appreciate you advising people not to let the exterior of the hotel turn you off
staying here. I would love to wave my magic wand (comes in handy in this job)
and give the exterior of this building a facelift.
I can assure you we have renovated the hotel interior extensively and
offer clean and comfortable rooms.
It is crucial that the service and cleanliness are always top notch.
Susan Baars

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Took a weekend trip down south and we decided to stay here because usually Best Western's are great. We arrived and asked what time the hot tub was open until only to find out it was closed for some sort of maintenance, it would have been nice if they told us this when we booked a few days before. We were in a suite which was nice, the beds and pillows were comfy. But there was no remote for the tiny tv on the otherside of the room, and while it sounds lazy, it was a pain to have to get up to change the channels. The sliding patio door didn't lock at all which was kind of scary. I don't think the window did either. The website was very misleading as it made the suite to look like it had seperate bedrooms and a living room, it was in fact just one big room. The breakfast was only open until 9:30, it would be nice to have it extended to 10. The bathroom was quite nice but the shower head just kind of piddled on you. Our room service ended up being free because the girl had to be asked to bring us coffee cups and she didn't give a bill to the front desk. We didn't ask for anything free, it was the lady working the front that said she was sorry for the inconvience. It's not a bad hotel, it just could use some improvements... like security and doors that lock.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank AshleyW3
BWAirdrie, Front Office Manager at Best Western Airdrie, responded to this review, October 30, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I am truly sorry that you were disappointed with your stay.
I too am disappointed that we were not given an opportunity to turn this
around, there is no doubt in my mind that we could have turned
this into an enjoyable experience for you.
It seems you were not happy with the configuration of the suite and that
was the start of your dissapointment.
It is a gorgeous, huge room but your preference would have been a separate
bedroom which we do offer!
A phone call or stopping by the front desk was all that was needed,
each and every one of the front desk clerks would have switched your room
in a heart beat.
We want you to be satisfied, please do not be shy about telling us your preferences!
As I was the clerk who checked you out I am able to shine more light on this situation.
We had a nice conversation. My service was courteous and efficient.
I brought up the waitress having to run back for your coffee cups
and decided not to charge you for the room service.
Can you imagine what I would have done for you had I been aware of your other issues?
I was completely in the dark about any issues you had with your stay until reading it online.
I am always willing to listen and will do everything possible to help.
It's my job, please give me the opportunity to do it!

Susan Baars