“Not What I Expected”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Airdrie
St. Albert, Canada
“Not What I Expected”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Online this hotel looked and sounded great. Also pet friendly. The staff were welcoming and friendly. This hotel is in need of a huge renovation. The room was stifling hot and smelled old and musty. The carpet needed cleaning and the lighting in the bathroom was poor. Once we got the air conditioner working, it was very loud as it cycled in and out through the night resulting in a poor sleep. We could hear the shower in the next room (5 am) and when we used our shower there was a high pitched sound coming from the pipes. Could not find the complimentary breakfast either. I will not stay here again unless it is improved. i was very disappointed.
When I mentioned these problems at check out, I got the impression it wasn't the first time they had heard these complaints.
$148.00 for a poor sleep.

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms 'before' formally checking in to avoid disappointment.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank cr0886
BWAirdrie, Front Office Manager at Best Western Airdrie, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thank you for your positive comments regarding the welcoming and
friendly nature of the staff, greatly appreciated!
Please be advised that the fee for our specifically designated
pet friendly guest rooms is $20 per night which was included in your bill.
I implemented a pet friendly policy this past summer, our guests and staff
seem to be truly enjoying the experience of a pet friendly Hotel.
Everyone who works here appears to love animals, we found a kitten
in a snowbank last winter and the staff was fighting over who got to keep him,
his name is Lucky and he lives with me.
I am genuinely sorry we did not meet your expectations,
it is truly our intention that every guest has a great experience.
Please contact me directly should you choose to stay with us again,
I would like another opportunity to serve you and to make this right.

Best Western Regency Inn Airdrie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I was very pleasantly surprised by our 1 night stay here. We had just finished the Canadian leg of our driving holiday and was due to fly out of Calgary to New York the next day. The room was very spacious with a nice, hushed sense of privacy. Toiletries and ensuite were nice. Aircon worked perfectly and quietly. The receptionist when we first arrived was very helpful and friendly. We took up her suggestion of dining at the Italian restaurant closeby, which had generous serving sizes at good prices with great food and service! Nothing to complain about with this Best Western!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Best Western Regency Inn Airdrie
while on the Canadian leg of your journey.
We are delighted you had a great stay with us and it sounds
like you had a lovely vacation.
It was a genuine pleasure to meet you and your family.
I thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel,
your positive comments regarding always appreciated.
Hope to see you again on your next Canadian vacation!

Winnipeg
Reviewed February 7, 2012

This is a nice hotel, a bit out of the way if you do not know the city, the staff will make your stay comfortable. The lounge is great and they food is ok for a mid level hotel. My only concern is the social hall is outside so you must dress warm or freeze getting to the hall. It is an aged building and can not accomodate large masses of people.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind words regarding the Best Western Regency Inn
and taking the time to review our hotel. I greatly appreciate you
mentioning the staff, people truly are the greatest asset in any
organization and we are a close and hardworking team.
Our banquet facillities do indeed require a one minute walk
as there is a separate entrance to our Diamond Room.
Allow me to reassure you that any staff member would be
happy to accompany a guest through the hotel should they be
unable to make that walk.

Coleville, Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed November 19, 2011

My first piece of advice is to not let the exterior floor you, once you get out of your vehicle and inside, you will be pleasantly surprised. The staff was amazing, Susan at the front as well as any of the others we dealt with were all cheerful, helpful and seemed to enjoy their jobs. I noticed that an effort was made to know all of their guest names by all employees. The rooms were clean and the beds offered some of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept at in a hotel. We were booked in for one night and due to weather needed to book a second night with minimal effort and just one phone call. I would recommend that you not brush this hotel off by the outside!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Tabatha C
BWAirdrie, Front Office Manager at Best Western Airdrie, responded to this review, November 27, 2011
Dear Tabatha,

It was an absolute pleasure to meet you and to serve you!
Thank you so much for your positive comments regarding the front desk staff,
I think they are amazing too. Positive people with a positive attitude!
I appreciate you mentioning the cleanliness of the rooms, our Head of Housekeeping
was delighted. She loves to clean and it shows.
I do appreciate you advising people not to let the exterior of the hotel turn you off
staying here. I would love to wave my magic wand (comes in handy in this job)
and give the exterior of this building a facelift.
I can assure you we have renovated the hotel interior extensively and
offer clean and comfortable rooms.
It is crucial that the service and cleanliness are always top notch.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Took a weekend trip down south and we decided to stay here because usually Best Western's are great. We arrived and asked what time the hot tub was open until only to find out it was closed for some sort of maintenance, it would have been nice if they told us this when we booked a few days before. We were in a suite which was nice, the beds and pillows were comfy. But there was no remote for the tiny tv on the otherside of the room, and while it sounds lazy, it was a pain to have to get up to change the channels. The sliding patio door didn't lock at all which was kind of scary. I don't think the window did either. The website was very misleading as it made the suite to look like it had seperate bedrooms and a living room, it was in fact just one big room. The breakfast was only open until 9:30, it would be nice to have it extended to 10. The bathroom was quite nice but the shower head just kind of piddled on you. Our room service ended up being free because the girl had to be asked to bring us coffee cups and she didn't give a bill to the front desk. We didn't ask for anything free, it was the lady working the front that said she was sorry for the inconvience. It's not a bad hotel, it just could use some improvements... like security and doors that lock.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank AshleyW3
BWAirdrie, Front Office Manager at Best Western Airdrie, responded to this review, October 30, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I am truly sorry that you were disappointed with your stay.
I too am disappointed that we were not given an opportunity to turn this
around, there is no doubt in my mind that we could have turned
this into an enjoyable experience for you.
It seems you were not happy with the configuration of the suite and that
was the start of your dissapointment.
It is a gorgeous, huge room but your preference would have been a separate
bedroom which we do offer!
A phone call or stopping by the front desk was all that was needed,
each and every one of the front desk clerks would have switched your room
in a heart beat.
We want you to be satisfied, please do not be shy about telling us your preferences!
As I was the clerk who checked you out I am able to shine more light on this situation.
We had a nice conversation. My service was courteous and efficient.
I brought up the waitress having to run back for your coffee cups
and decided not to charge you for the room service.
Can you imagine what I would have done for you had I been aware of your other issues?
I was completely in the dark about any issues you had with your stay until reading it online.
I am always willing to listen and will do everything possible to help.
It's my job, please give me the opportunity to do it!

Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Check in was a breeze even without a reservation. Very helpful staff. Had an issue with the TV at 11 pm, called the front desk and someone was up within 5-10 minutes, fixed it right away, just a loose connection. Comfortable beds. We choose this place because the current reviews looked good and the responses from the manager to the reviews here (nice to see a manager so interested in what customers have to say). The place is showing it's age a bit but the rooms are nice, clean and again the beds are comfortable

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gary B
BWAirdrie, Front Office Manager at Best Western Airdrie, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Dear Valud Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive comments regarding the Best Western Regency
Inn Airdrie! I greatly appreciate you taking the time to mention the helpfulness of the front desk!
Each front desk agent has been hired and trained by me personally, I have high expectations for them and they continually rise to the challenge. I'm proud of all of them!
I have decided to spend a night in our hotel very soon, I want to have a night's sleep in one of our new beds, I keep hearing how comfortable they are!
Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again!

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed July 19, 2011

if swiming poll is not important, this hotel is excelent.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
BWAirdrie, Front Office Manager at Best Western Airdrie, responded to this review, September 1, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive review!
I think our hotel is excellent as well, we work hard and
when a guest takes notice it is always appreciated!
I can honestly say that I have never in my career worked with a
finer group of people, just an awesome team that make it a
pleasure to come to work.
We hope to see you again!

Best Western Regency Inn Airdrie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Airdrie
Northeast Calgary
Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites

Been to Best Western Airdrie? Share your experiences!