“Nice Inn for the price”

Comfort Inn & Suites Airdrie
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Airdrie
Reviewed March 10, 2014

traveled from ontario to alberta for work, and had to stay in this hotel for the night. Price was fair, service was up to par, and it was clean. I would definitely recommend this place to anybody in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Kayla_MAirdrie, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airdrie, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Hello,

Thank you for leaving your comments in regards to your recent stay at our property. I will be passing this on to my staff, all the best to you in the duration of 2014. We look forward to accommodating you again soon whether it be for business or leisure.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I booked this hotel for one of our company drivers. I used my corporate credit card to hold the room and the driver has his own corporate credit card. When the driver got to the hotel, the clerk would not accept his corporate credit card. She phoned the dealership and was given verbal authorization and finally after much confusion, gave him his room. She would not give him the rate that was quoted on booking - charging him more for the room. You would think with two company credit cards and verbal authorization, the driver would not be treated so poorly. We've never had a problem with other hotels and using a driver credit card.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your coworkers recent stay at Comfort Inn & Suites.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the situation that occurred at check in on his recent visit. I have shared your feedback with my staff to ensure we handle these types of situations more efficiently in the future. Our number one focus is to ensure great customer service and to also protect our guests.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Airdrie. Please do call if you wish to discuss this further, I can be reached at 403-948-3411 ext. 114.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

My family and i stayed at this hotel while we were visiting family, the staff was excellent to deal with and the rooms were spacious and comfortable. One of the best beds I have ever slept on. The breakfast supplied in the morning was great too.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jason412
Kayla_MAirdrie, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airdrie, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your feedback will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

This was the first hotel I have EVER stayed at that has offered me a gluten free cereal in their breakfast buffet! As a person with celiac disease It gets tiresome to eat yougart, banana and a hard boiled egg everytime I see a breakfast buffet offered. This time, I was able to enjoy the strawberry gluten free cereal! Yay!!
The beds were comfortable with no lumps or sags and soft bedding. A great selection of pillows was nice too. We didn't use the pool this time but it must have been good, as many kids were in there.
I will certainly recommend this hotel to my other GF friends, we so appreciate having another option to eat while in a hotel. Thanks for taking the extra step to accommodate me.

Room Tip: Ask for a south facing room for a great view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Luv2shopAlot
Kayla_MAirdrie, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airdrie, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Hello,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I'm glad we were able to give you a different option for breakfast. Its great to have alternatives especially if you are used to eating the same thing over and over, it can definitely be repetitive. I will be sure to share this review with my staff, its great to read you enjoyed the comfort of our beds and pillows. Having a choice between a soft or firm pillow really helps our guests have the most comfortable sleep possible. Thank you for offering to recommend our property to your friends, we would be more than happy to accommodate them in the near future. All the best to you in 2014, hope to see you back soon!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Best customer service ever from check-in clerk, breakfast buffet manager, and check-out also. Clean modern rooms, large TV with lots of channels, fridge and microwave in-room. Great indoor pool and dry sauna. Really good breakfast with bacon, sausage, eggs, waffles, toast, cereal, coffee, juice, pastries etc etc. 15 minutes door to door from Airport. Lots of restaurants just beside Hotel. I don't often write reviews, this Hotel really deserves the high ratings.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Kayla_MAirdrie, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airdrie, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Hello,

Thank you for posting a review in regards to your recent stay with our hotel. We very much appreciate the feedback and I will be sharing this review with my staff. I will be sure to let the front desk and breakfast bar staff know how thrilled you were with their service. Thank you for complimenting our complimentary hot breakfast buffet that we have to offer to all of the guests who select our property. In case you ever need shuttle transportation we do offer an airport shuttle that can be arranged when reserving your future reservations. The cost is $21 round trip with a minimum one night stay. We really hope to see you back soon, take care and all the best in 2014.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

A southern Alberta blizzard blew in and made local highways a nightmare and impassable. It took us almost an hour to drive to Airdrie from the N side of Calgary, which usually takes about 6 minutes, so even though we only live 40 minutes NW of Airdrie, we decided to look for a hotel at 11:30 PM rather than risk the drive home.
We where not alone in our decision!! I called ahead a few minutes to book a room and glad we did. When we arrived, the lobby was packed with other weary drivers looking for a room. There where 2 front desk staffers on and both had a smile and great sense of humour in a very stressful situation for them and all the travellers. They had heard all other hotels in Airdrie where full, so they offered to open up their banquet room for travellers to take a break when they couldn't find a room elsewhere.
Our room was comfortable with 2 queen beds, microwave and fridge and a bit on the larger side. One oddity is that the bathroom door opened out into the room, which meant you couldn't leave the door open if you where entering/exiting the room. Once the highway did re open, you could hear the traffic noise, but you will hear that in virtually all areas of Airdrie so something to consider.
They offered breakfast in the morning, which was busy, but offered hot and cold choices. I believe they had a pool, but since we just needed a bed and break from driving, didn't take a look. They did offer airport service, but I didn't read up on the details.Numerous restaurants and shopping within a 2 minute walk and X Iron shopping mall 5 minute drive.
Overall, exceptional customer service and a great place to rest your head - at a descent price. Would highly recommend to others.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Kayla_MAirdrie, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airdrie, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience with us. I will be passing on your comments to all of my staff especially the two that were working the night of the storm. We appreciate the strong recommendation and thank you for mentioning some of the convenient amenities and features we have at the property. We hope to see you back soon, hopefully during a less stressful time due to weather.

Happy New Year to you and your family, all the best in 2014!

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Often I use the hotel as a place to stay for the night when visiting friends in the area. It's in the middle of a lot of restaurant choices, close to a grocery store, as well as a Wal-Mart; amongst other amenities.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Kayla_MAirdrie, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airdrie, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for posting a review and mentioning how convenient our location is. This definitely helps our future guests when they are looking for a place to stay. We greatly appreciate your feedback and will be sharing your comments with all of my staff - we look forward to accommodating you in the near future.

Happy Holidays & All the Best to You in 2014!