“Either really good or terrible”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Happy Garden Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 23 Restaurants in Athabasca
Cuisines: Chinese
“Either really good or terrible”
Reviewed January 7, 2012

This restaurant is hit or miss. Depending on the day you go, the food can be really good to excellent but, it can also be horrible.

Sherwood Park, Canada
“Careful What You Order”
Reviewed March 2, 2010

We were in town staying at my parents acreage and decided to go get some food. It was a Sunday night and this was the only place we found that was open, we didn't look very hard.

We went in and seen they had a dinner for two special written on the board. It consisted of:
- Chicken Fried Rice
- Chicken Balls
- Ginger Beef
- Egg Rolls

So we paid and waited for it to be ready, then once it was ready we took it back home (20 minutes outside of town). We started eating and there was only 1-2 tiny pieces of meat in the rice. We thought that was pretty cheap, but we're too far to complain.

Then I took a bite into my chicken ball and again the piece of meat was barely visible compared to the chicken ball. I did notice it had an off texture and decided to look closer. Sure enough it was shrimp. Little tiny shrimp. I decided to check the rice, and sure enough that was also shrimp. I tried the ginger beef and it was as hard as a rock.

Luckily we don't have an allergy to shell fish. They should have told us they were using shrimp. I personally hate shrimp, that's why I ordered chicken and not shrimp.

I called to complain, but there was no answer. We were going to go in and complain the next afternoon on our way back to Edmonton, but they were not open. So I figured I would do the next best thing besides a refund. That is post a review of what I went through.

We had Dorito's for dinner that night. :|