“Athabasca Stay”

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2013

3 days same sheets. Someones dropped pills on bathroom floor (3days also) No soap after housekeeping does room?last but not least- why is there no white sugar available in complimentary breakfast room and rooms have it? Asked philipino help and said no white available? REALLY!!!! If my company wasnt paying for this room i would be elsewhere. In the future I will not be recommending Super 8.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Sean C
Reviewed October 24, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently and had a very mixed experience. The rooms seem to be clean and well maintained. The complimentary breakfast was great, much better than I would have expected for a hotel of this type, and most of the staff I encountered were very friendly.

However, I had several bafflingly negative experiences as well. I saw several guests with dogs and other pets, something that I cannot recall seeing at other hotels. If the hotel chooses to allow pets, that's fine, but it would be nice if they could keep the "pet rooms" and "non-pet rooms" separate, as despite the housekeeping staffs best efforts, some fur and other organic material will undoubtedly be left behind.

I also had subpar experiences with the front desk staff, particularly with a very short Chinese man who often seemed to be working there. First of all, his English skills were poor at best, and I could not understand most of the things he said, and it did not seem that he understood me well either. I wished to extend my stay for an additional day beyond my initial reservation, not an unusual request at most hotels, but with the communication difficulties the process took far longer than it should have. The following day when I came back to the desk to check out, the desk was unmanned despite specific check out hours being posted. After waiting nearly 30 minutes, the same short Chinese gentleman appeared. He did not offer any apology, and seemed rather annoyed that I had interupted whatever it is he was doing.

I was very disappointed by this experience, and I am unlikely to return to the Super 8 if my travels bring me back to Athabasca in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank DavidJohnson192
Michael C, General Manager at Super 8 Athabasca AB, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Guest, we are truly sorry for the inconvenience you had.
But we are quite confused from your review. If you could contact to the property and give us some more details, it would be really helpful and appreciated.
Because we don’t have any Chinese staff working in this property at all. Also, the shortest male staff is 174cm tall. We couldn’t find the staff who left the front desk empty for 30 mins, without an apology, it is almost not like a feature we can imagine, honestly.
Because we do try to accept and fix our problems and mistakes from the guests’ feedback, we do take your comment and complaint seriously. We will definitely follow up all of the concerns and improve us for the better service and the more satisfaction of yours.

Been to Super 8 Athabasca AB? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Athabasca AB

Address: 4820B Woodheights Rd, Athabasca, Alberta T9S 1V4, Canada
Location: Canada > Alberta > Athabasca County > Athabasca
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Athabasca
Price Range: $98 - $121 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Athabasca AB 2*
Newly Renovated 73 rooms with kitchenettes and suites. Brand new Water Park and Water slide, Hot tub. 100Mbps Axia Fibre High speed internet. All rooms have 40" HD TV and room laptop. On HWY 55, connecting to HWY 2, HWY 813. Close to Athabasca University, Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries, Wabasca. Enjoy your super stay in Super 8 Athabasca! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Super 8 Athabasca AB reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Athabasca AB Alberta