“Terrible food and service”

Yavis Family Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 45 Restaurants in Drumheller
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2011

My daughter ordered steak which was completely raw inside. It was sent back to be cooked more and was returned no different. She couldn't eat it. We ordered a drink, and then asked for another one which was given in a glass half the size but charged the same price. The service was not great. We will not return and will definitely not recommend this to anyone.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

We tried out this restaurant after receiving bad service a large fast food chain restaurant in the city. It was filled with local seniors, all regular customers, which was a good sign. The servers were friendly and efficient. The menu was extensive and varied and they also have a kids menu. They were accommodating with our child's dietary needs and the portions were huge. Although it's not a gourmet meal by any means, I would not hesitate to go there again.

Reviewed July 24, 2011

We went as a family of four, initially we had a difficult time trying to get our teenage children to eat there cus the smell in the restaurant was horrible. The waitress was pleasant and helpful but the service was very slow as she was the only waitress there at the time sealing with about 6 or7 tables.
Once we got our food it was cold and tasteless, my kids love pasta, but had a difficult time eating it at yavis's, I has. Salad which was probably the beat tasting food inthe table...the steak was suppose to be cooked medium-well but ended up well done couldn't evenchew it...not a good experience at all.

Reviewed August 23, 2010

Yavis was established in 1917 and is a local favourite for many. I go to Drumheller every year and always go to Yavis at least twice during my stay - once for Breakfast and once for supper. My girls love it! It is a family oriented establishment with mickey mouse pancakes and the like and you will find all the usual favourites like potato skins, liver and onions (with bacon and grilled onions mmmm), steaks and burgers. The food is not fancy - but it's good and the portions are rediculously huge. For example, an entree include soup or salad, choice of potato and veg, and dessert! Dessert includes the option of ice cream, pudding, jello or prunes:) All for somewhere around $13 depending on the entree choice.

They are always busy and the atmosphere is heavy laden with comfy booths and paintings of all the local attractions done by a local artist. The service I received was amazing - so warm and friendly and efficient. They were well staffed to accomodate their big crowds - busy for breakfast and supper. Extensive menu including senior pricing and a children's menu. In past years the children's menu has all sorts of trivia on Drumheller so you can actually plot out your course based on the information you learn from the children's menu. The paintings on the wall is of all the things you must see while visiting the valley and it's been that way for years. It can be a little tricky to find the restaurant (located just off of main street next to the Fields store), but it's worth it. Your bill will be small and your tummy will be full. Yavis feels like visiting an old friend for us and a must every time we go to Drumheller.

Reviewed August 3, 2010

Went as a family of four tourists, and this place was great. The waitress was a hoot - reminded me of my MIL on steroids! The food was plentiful and delicious, as well as reasonably priced. We were told that they roast a turkey each day - that's the kind of food you will find at Yavis. My daughter ordered the fried chicken, and there was enough left over for a picnic for the kids the following day. Yumm.