“A restaurant ruined our "would be" awesome stay.”

Ramada Drumheller Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Drumheller
Strathmore, Canada
“A restaurant ruined our "would be" awesome stay.”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

We arrived at the Ramada to start our anniversary weekend, the lady at the desk was so friendly. I had asked for wine glasses and extra towels and I was told no problem; a girl brought them right up to our room with us, asked if she could help us in any other way and was off. Our room was nice, but I was kind of expecting a little nicer for the money; I had been looking at the pictures on the website and they are a bit misleading. I saw the honeymoon suite and I couldn't justify the extra $80 for a one night stay, below that is another beautiful King suite that said Standard King room so I knew that was inaccurate and after a lot of contemplation I reserved a King suite with a fireplace. I was a bit disappointed at the look of the room, I was hoping for something different but it was a nice room still. We checked out the pool and water-slide immediately and it was great, we were hoping to check it out a couple times before we went home but our plans were ruined. We went to O'Shea's next door for supper and I ended up with food poisoning over a steak sandwich. I was up all night sick so I didn't sleep, but the bed is comfy, my husband had a great sleep and loved the bed. I had difficulties with the duvet cover, I seemed to be losing fluff on my side and in the state I was in I had little patience to sit and fix it so I was kind of chilly when I got to be in bed. In the morning my husband had wanted coffee and was going to make some but there were no filters in the room, disappointed and impatient with the whole ordeal he just went to Tim's for his coffee so we could check out early. We decided to go home and abandon any other plans we had for the day, I was still in a terrible state. We wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy our weekend.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Ramada Drumheller Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Drumheller Ramada Inn. I was distressed to hear that your weekend was cut short due to unforseen circumstances. If you would like to come again to Drumheller, please call me personally as I would love to take care of the arrangements for you and your husband. Again, my thanks for your review of the hotel and I do hope to be able to share our hospitality with you again . Yours Truly
403-823-2028

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
edmonton
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We booked the Ramada for a weekend getaway with the kids. The check in was quick and easy and I notice there was fresh popcorn in the lobby. We mentioned to the hotel clerk that we were looking for some entertainment that evening and she offered us some complimentary tickets to the local junior hockey game! I do not care for hockey but we had a great time cheering on the Dragons!
Our room was a good size for the four of us and it did appear to be clean, although I found my allergies did kick up when was in the room. I will admit though that I loved the bed. I did sleep very well!
During our stay we also made use of the pool and waterslide, which was enjoyable after a day of sightseeing, and we really enjoyed the breakfast. I was pleasantly surprised to find a few hot items in addition to the standard cereals and toast!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank mrsspexx
, General Manager at Ramada Drumheller Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay at our Drumheller Ramada. It is always good to hear that our guests had a great stay and enjoyed themselves . I appreciate your comments regarding our breakfast as we try to anticipatie the needs of our guests and we realise what the cost of breakfast is for a travelling family so we have added some great hot items to our breakfast fare. Again my thanks for your review and I hope to have the opportunity to share our hospitality with you and your family again. Theresa Vyvey General Manager
Edmonton
Reviewed September 1, 2011

My family and I booked our trip to Drumheller online. We found the Ramada hotel and decided it was fairly priced (advertised for $150 - $170/night) so we booked two nights with the hotel. Upon arrival to the Ramada we were informed by the front desk clerk that the room we had booked was unavailable and the reason for this was not clear. We got a different room instead. We enjoyed our trip to Drumheller and the one front desk clerk was quite pleasant and very helpful, while the lady the next day was rude and uninterested to be at her job position that day. (it showed as she never smiled). When we returned home after a long weekend, we were shocked to look at our bill and see it had come to almost double what we had expected. The cost of the room was not the advertised $150 - $170 but $209 a night! On top of that there was also a fee for a cot that we never had in our room and a charge for the hotel to advertise! We found this hotel over priced, and quite a few hidden charges that you aren't informed of when you book the room. We will choose a different hotel to stay in the next time we travel. Ramada has lost our business.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank Laureen H
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Drumheller Ramada . I apologise that you were disappointed regarding the charges you mention in your review. I would like to be able to speak to you regarding these charges as it is always important to Ramada and myself personally that all of our guests are satisfied with every aspect of their stay. I hope you will take the time to contact me personally either by phone or by email. Again , thank you for your valuable comments and I do hope to hear from you soon. Yours truly Theresa Vyvey
Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed August 11, 2011

The room was well-kept, spacious, and comfortable. The location was as good as it gets in such a small town. I appreciated the second sink outside the washroom.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kwonger
, General Manager at Ramada Drumheller Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 26, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at the Ramada Inn in August. I am glad that you found your stay here a pleasant one and I appreciate your kind words. I know that there are many choices available to the traveller and I want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to share our hospitality with you and your family. It is our goal to ensure that all of our guests have a great time here in the beautiful Drumheller Valley and a comfortable stay at our hotel. Again my thanks .
Toronto
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Great choice for families. After the drive from calgary to go see dinosaur exhibits, this hotel hits the target perfectly. Spacious clean rooms with extras like fridge, coffee etc. Waterslide was excellent to end the day for kids. I have four...aged 8-14. It is very good value for the money. If you are interested in a cute boutique type hotel, this is not it, but for a quality bed and breakfast kids will like...pick this place.

• Stayed June 2011
4 Thank hazeltonian
, General Manager at Ramada Drumheller Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Drumheller Ramada Inn. I am so pleased that your family had a great time here. Our summer months are times that my staff and I get to enjoy and get to know so many families that stay with us year after year from all over the world. It is a lot of fun and its good to know that our guests are having a great time here too. Again my thanks for your kind words and I hope to get to share our hospitality with you and your family again.
Yours truly.
Brooks, Canada
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My wife and I stayed one night @ the Ramada Inn as we swept through the province on a golfing expedition. Unfortunately the weather was poor and we decided not togolf at the infamous course in Drumheller. To our rescue came the Ramada Inn manager Theresa Vyvey. She was instrumental in outlining an itinerary that helped us enjoy a rainy day in the valley.
She knew the surrounding area and events and was an outstanding help for our short stay.
Oh... And her hotel was superb, with accommodations and service second to none. You have to hive this place a try if you are in that area.

• Stayed July 2011
6 Thank Bert181806
Thank you for all of your kind comments regarding your stay at the Drumheller Ramada Inn . Although bad weather can sometimes put a damper on vacations there is so much to see and do in Drumheller its easy to fill a day regardless of the weather. I am glad that it turned out well for you and that you enjoyed your stay. and of course we are happy to accomodate you and your family any time. .
Yours truly
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Watch the date if you need to cancel your reservation! We had an unexpected change in itinerary and wanted to cancel our reservation within the 24hr policy. Yes, I am aware the policy clearly stated we would be charged for the night if we cancelled less than 4PM the previous day but Ramada was not willing to budge or reduce the cancellation charge.
I have some understanding if I just didn't show up but we called as soon as our plans changed and Ramada did not care. Poor attitude.

Their lack of customer service will make sure I avoid this chain in the future and I will recommend against the chain to everyone as well.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Gimboid69
, General Manager at Ramada Drumheller Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 29, 2011
We sincerely apologise for the difficulty you experienced trying to cancel your reservation. I would like to discuss this incident further with you . If you could please contact me @1-877-807-2800 I would greatly appreciate it.
Yours truly,