“Always a treat to enjoy history...a meal and a pint at the end of the trail.”
Review of Last Chance Saloon

Last Chance Saloon
Ranked #3 of 43 Restaurants in Drumheller
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have been to the Last Chance Saloon a few times now . I like to take company out there because the drive is nice and different scenery as the hills seem closer as you go through the valley and over the many bridges. It is always a treat to enjoy history...a meal and a pint of beer aways goes down nice at the end of the trail. I love the uniqueness of the place with all it's antiques on the wall. There is always something to look at. Last time we enjoyed out in the patio area. It was nice too.
Staff is usually pretty friendly. We had the owner sering this time. He must have been preoccupied, as he usually is way more chatty but no complaints on his service. We both had a cheeseburger special. One with fries and mine with warmed baked beans. It was a pretty decent meal. The menu is basic but a good value for your money. Kids are allowed on a Sunday in the daytime so that is a nice feature too.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

A great place to go for a little history and an enjoyable time! Food is good and the atmosphere is one of a kind!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

The food was mediocre, the service was terrible. We felt like we weren't wanted. I asked if I could substitute a salad for fries and was adamantly told, "no." They messed up our orders and then blamed it on us. I was expecting something more old-fashioned, it was more like a 70s dive.

1  Thank MamaKVancouver_bc
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We loved the history behind this place,bullet holes in the wall,pony in the bar, miner stories. Walls are loaded with fun artifacts. Friendly staff.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I once had a tour escort explain to me what it meant when a hotel was described in a brochure as having "character". She said it was past it's prime and seen better days. That's about how I'd describe the Last Chance Saloon.

It's got lots of history and a checkered past, all of which is displayed somewhere on the wall. We were handed a photocopy of the story telling the history of the place and the owner seemed quite willing to answer any question or spin his own tales. So for that it would get a 4/5. Can't seem to make up its mind if it's a museum or a saloon. The service is good, fast when we were there but it wasn't that busy. The furniture is a mish mash of 70s tavern tables & chairs.

The food, however, meh, I've had better. We each had the special mozza burger with fries & caesar salad. Everything was from a package, bottle or the freezer.The beer, served in mason jars, was cold and refereshing. I hear you can grill your own steak outside, maybe that would have been a better experience. I suppose that might be home cooking in some households but not in ours.

Saw the episode of Canadian Pickers when they visited here, it was mentioned the place is for sale. I sort of got the feeling that they are just putting in time so they can sell. It has potential with a little updating of the furniture and menu. I know the population is only 26 but there are a lot of people come through Drumheller seasonally so there's definitely a market for a good saloon.

We actually crossed the 11th and last bridge on the road, just so we could say we did them all.