“Most unwelcoming and unfriendly restaurant I've ever been to.”
Review of Last Chance Saloon

Last Chance Saloon
Ranked #3 of 43 Restaurants in Drumheller
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The food was mediocre, the service was terrible. We felt like we weren't wanted. I asked if I could substitute a salad for fries and was adamantly told, "no." They messed up our orders and then blamed it on us. I was expecting something more old-fashioned, it was more like a 70s dive.

1  Thank MamaKVancouver_bc
There are newer reviews for Last Chance Saloon

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We loved the history behind this place,bullet holes in the wall,pony in the bar, miner stories. Walls are loaded with fun artifacts. Friendly staff.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I once had a tour escort explain to me what it meant when a hotel was described in a brochure as having "character". She said it was past it's prime and seen better days. That's about how I'd describe the Last Chance Saloon.

It's got lots of history and a checkered past, all of which is displayed somewhere on the wall. We were handed a photocopy of the story telling the history of the place and the owner seemed quite willing to answer any question or spin his own tales. So for that it would get a 4/5. Can't seem to make up its mind if it's a museum or a saloon. The service is good, fast when we were there but it wasn't that busy. The furniture is a mish mash of 70s tavern tables & chairs.

The food, however, meh, I've had better. We each had the special mozza burger with fries & caesar salad. Everything was from a package, bottle or the freezer.The beer, served in mason jars, was cold and refereshing. I hear you can grill your own steak outside, maybe that would have been a better experience. I suppose that might be home cooking in some households but not in ours.

Saw the episode of Canadian Pickers when they visited here, it was mentioned the place is for sale. I sort of got the feeling that they are just putting in time so they can sell. It has potential with a little updating of the furniture and menu. I know the population is only 26 but there are a lot of people come through Drumheller seasonally so there's definitely a market for a good saloon.

We actually crossed the 11th and last bridge on the road, just so we could say we did them all.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Great Buffalo Burgers, BBQ-your own steaks, Great bands, PHENOMENAL atmosphere (bullet holes in the walls and everything), and beer in Quart sealer Jars - Who could ask for any more!

Reviewed September 8, 2012

In my mind's eye, I had a vision of a saloon that is most likely influenced by the movies that I have watched over the years. The Last Chance Saloon fits that vision perfectly. It is what a saloon should look like. It is located up a coulee from the Red Deer River but is close enough to everything in Drumheller to make it an attraction that you have to experience. The bar food and service was good and they have a nice little patio in the back.