“Moved to tears!”

The Canadian Badlands Passion Play
Ranked #3 of 19 things to do in Drumheller
More attraction details
Owner description: Deep in the Canadian Badlands, a location famous for its prehistoric attractions, lies a hidden valley where the events of a not-so-distant past echo, a place where ancient Israel is reborn and you can experience, "the greatest story ever told." The 14,000 who come each July are moved to laughter and tears by the dramatic portrayal of the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Another fantastic performance in 2013! It was the gospel of John this year and even though it was different from last year it was still very good! Next year I plan to bring my Mom and Aunt!

2  Thank GrammaNan
"front row"
"spray bottle"
"actors and actresses"

Reviewed July 22, 2013

200 actors and a stage 1/2 kilometre wide. How can anyone not be impressed. We attended a sunny Sunday afternoon performance. Immediately we were impressed as we saw actors marching out to take up initial positions in the hills 100's of meters from the main stage. We thoroughly enjoyed the story of the life of Jesus from the book of John. The acting was very good and the setting makes you feel like you are right there as it originally happened.

We fully recommend you take the trip to Drumheller to experience this wonderful production.

The play only runs about ten days each year so we suggest that you plan now to attend in July of 2014.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

An excellant experience, never sean an outside live play before. Very, very emotional. It was like living in the moment. The Badlands is a site on it's own and these actors appeared from all around us. The end with all the angles all around us was really, really beautiful. The costumes were very, very accurate and very well done. I hear by one of the ladies from the church that one of my friends that was with me (her second time) attends. Very, very talented I must say. I throughly enjoyed the show. I loved it and recommend all to experience this beautiful event. I am so priviledged to have had a chance to attend and proud that we have these types of experiences in our country - CANADA.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I would recommend this play to anyone.... It was awesome. It was very hot sitting out in the open air bleachers, so be sure to bring a spray bottle with water and a hat... Also the seats are wood so a cushion would also be advisable. The play itself had so many actors, and was played out in and around the hoodoos. I loved it. Goosebumps from the start of it. Jesus was amazing and you felt part of it. Went to Bernies and the boys burgers in Drumheller after. Very good....

See more reviews
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have been to Israel and this was a good replication of the scenery. It helps to know the bible story to get the true meaning of the Passion Play. The volunteers (actors, parking attendants, ushers) were all very helpful. Having the carts to shuttle people from the parking lot up to the venue was very helpful especially for those with walking difficulty. I suggest coming early and then having your picnic lunch in the covered table area. When leaving everything was very orderly. This is highly recommended. The price for this type of performance is very reasonable. Do bring some cushions to sit on.