“Terrible Service”

Evan's Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 42 Restaurants in Drumheller
Cuisines: Italian, Canadian, Steakhouse, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our restaurant prides itself on Certified Black Angus Beef. We work hard at providing a unique experience such as our Hickory Smoked Burger, Prime rib Grilled cheese sandwich and our all natural Ice Cold Beer.
Drumheller, Canada
“Terrible Service”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Very poor and slow service.
I have had two experiences with Evans. Neither of the two were positive. On the first occasion I went into the restaurant with a group of friends. We were approached by a server and sat at a table. A second server came to take our drink orders and the first server came back and loudly told her that she was already serving us. The two servers had an uncomfortable argument in front of us about who could serve the table. After the first one finally established she would be serving us, my friend tried to order a strongbow. The server did not know what strongbow or cider was and said "If it's not behind the bar then we don't have it."

The second time I purchased food from Evans I ordered a pizza. They informed me it would be delivered in 45 minutes. After waiting for an hour, I called back to (politely) check on the status of my order and the woman on the phone said "We are extremely busy it will get there when it gets there" in a very rude tone and hung up. When the pizza finally arrived after an hour and 15 mins, it was cold. There was no apology for the delay.

I have never experienced such poor manners and service in a restaurant. I would NOT recommend Evans.

Visited July 2012
EvansManagement, Manager at Evan's Restaurant, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am sorry you had a negetive experience from Evans. I would like to respond to your first experience. I am unsure how two waitresses helping you is bad service. We are a team and all help each other out. We are a family restaurant which has a small selection of alcoholic beverages. The waitresses are knowledgeable about what products we offer. I am sorry we did not have your selected beverage. The second time you ordered out from Evans. If we are very busy, as the waitress stated then an hour or little over is not unreasonable for delivered pizzas. The waitress should have stated that when you placed your order. The pizzas are always hot and fresh when leaving for delivery. If they were cold when they reached you, delivery services took too long. If you would have called we could have replaced them very quickly. Thank you for your review. Evans

Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
“Delicious food and great portions!”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We ate here twice during our recent trip to Drumheller. Their wings are awesome and their calzones are superior! Great service, reasonably priced and delicious food!

• Visited July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review Evans. I am very glad you enjoyed your meals. We always make sure the portions are big. Enough for a snack later! Thank you, Evans
Edmonton, Canada
“Simply Awful.”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I am surprised this restaurant is still in business. We went there on a Tuesday evening; there were hardly any diners in the restaurant, yet when we walked in we were ignored by the staff. My husband had to ask the waitress if we could seat ourselves or if we should wait. She said to sit down anywhere. 5 minutes after we sat down, another family walked in and were promptly seated and the waitress brought them menus. We had not even received ours yet, and again I had to ask the waitress to bring us menus (the other family was sitting at the table next to ours).
A few minutes after we finally had a chance to look over the list, the server went to the table next to us to take their drink orders, and again she ignored us. The other two servers (who were each serving only 2 tables) walked past us several times without so much as a glance in our direction. We waited a total of 15 minutes before walking out in disgust.
Clearly the staff at this establishment do not value their customers, and we will tell everyone we know who is going to Drumheller to stay far, far away from this terrible "restaurant."

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank cellomir
EvansManagement, Manager at Evan's Restaurant, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. I really appreciate you taking the time to review us. I am very sorry your waitress did not serve you properely. I am having a staff meeting this evening on the importance of customer service. I thank you for letting
me know about this situation. I do invite you back to Evans Restaurant. We will be more than happy to serve you. Jillian Rasmussen
Banff National Park, Canada
“Really average”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

A group of us went here for a work lunch and I was looking forward to it but it turned out to be really average. I had a wrap, it was coldish and just OK. Will not bother going back.

• Visited June 2012
Thank you for reviewing Evans Restaurant. I am sorry you did not enjoy your wrap. I invite you to come try something else off our menu. We have spectacular steaks and pizza, which you might enjoy more. Jillian Rasmussen
Drumheller
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simple question, big attitude”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Although I do enjoy the pizzas. I could not believe the customer service received.

The one phone call I made there I asked if they had a menu online somewhere to view since I was ordering over the phone and was only going their to pick up the pizzas. The lady on the phone had attitude in her voice asking what type of pizza I had wanted.

Wanting to know my options I told her I was interested in the two for one pizzas. She then asked the same question like I knew what was on the menu. After my second time explaining that I wasnt sure, I was looking for a menu or somewhere to view my options she cut me off listing all them super fast. I didnt even have time to take in what she was saying.

Then she listed off in her speed the 'house pizzas'. I couldnt even take in what those were because I didnt know if they were part of the two for one so I had to wait until after to ask. She did say they were afterwards. Because I was tired of the attitude, and didnt feel comfortable asking her to say them again slower I said I would call back with an order. Instead I went and ordered somewhere else.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Alberta R
I Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am sorry the waitress on the phone did not slow down for you. I have taken this issue up with the staff. I invite you to call back anytime and we will be more than happy to take your order. Jillian Rasmussen