“Cute Dining Atmosphere”

Sublime Food & Wine
Ranked #2 of 43 Restaurants in Drumheller
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Red Seal Chef Dennis Standage offers Fine Dining Evenings 5 pm - 9 pm. Summer patio. In house smoked meats, fresh soup made daily. Reservations are recommended but walk-ins are always welcome. Clean and refreshing sublime experience.
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband I showed up without a reservation on a Saturday night and got a table. We were so happy we had the chance to eat here during our short stay in Drumheller. Enjoyed the whole experience! Reservations are recommended though! We were just lucky!

1  Thank TheBCouple

Reviewed August 29, 2013

On the recommendation of our B&B host we tried this restaurant. The appetizers were both good, large portions and tasty. For our mains I had the special while my wife had the chicken, the steak was cooked as I like it but didn't have a lot of flavour. My wife's chicken was unfortunately undercooked, the staff took this off the bill and appologised but it leaves you not really wanting anything else.

1  Thank pgpg5860
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We visited Sublime in the evening as a party of six, composed of Drumheller natives and visitors. We had heard nothing but great things, and our relaxed, tasty meal lived up to the previews. Speaking as both a Drumheller native and someone who has travelled widely and eaten out a lot, it was great to find this kind of sophisticated food in my home town, served with a simple elegance that made everyone comfortable. The menu, with a noticeable Canadian theme, is not extensive and not cheap, but the offerings are carefully selected and I found the pricing reasonable for what you get. The warm beet salad was a standout among the appetizers, along with the generous gravlax appetizer. For mains, the pork tenderloin with Granny Smith applesauce was great, and the salmon beautifully cooked and seasoned. Everyone's vegetables and sides were perfectly cooked and the meals were presented attractively, without fussiness and the multiple mystery elements found in some high-end bistro food. The peach mojito was made from scratch and very well composed; in the future, however, a more extensive wine list might be developed.

Service was quite good given that they were so busy. Reservations are recommended, as the location is not large and we saw at least two parties turned away on a Wednesday night. There is a nice outdoor verandah that provides extra seating, weather permitting. Both locals and the many tourists that visit this region have taken to this spot very quickly.

I wish this restaurant good luck in the future; there is clearly care, quality and personal commitment going into the business and the food. I will try the surf and turf on my next trip home, and hopefully have room for dessert! Locals also told me the lunch menu was terrific, commenting particularly on the specials and sandwiches.

1  Thank Karen S
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Found this restaurant on tripadvisor and it definitely lived up to my expectations. Be prepared to wait for a table but know that it will be well worth it. We stopped by for lunch; I had the pulled pork and when I asked the waitress to not put it on a bun as I don't eat wheat she immediately said " oh no problem! We have gluten free bread as we like to make the dining experience the best for everyone". My boyfriend had the smoked meat sandwich. Food was perfect and the service was amazing. We had a miscommunication with the waitress over my order and it was quickly and professionally resolved. Lovely unique decor and excellent location (right across the street from the large dinosaur). A must try!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Found it hard to get a good restaurent in Drumheller - this was the best and a lovely spot and right by the large T Rex statue