Travelodge Drumheller AB
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Badlands Motel(Drumheller)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanview of the riverred deertravel lodgesleepy beartwin bedsworld's largest dinosaurbig dinosaurgreek restaurantenjoyed my stayfront desk ladythe royal tyrell museumin townexcellent staymini fridgepicnicpillows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 5, 2009

This hotel was very clean and comfortable. We had a room at the back which was quiet. The restaurant next door was great. The coin laundry had 2 washers and dryers is clean condition. No complaints at all.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2009

It did not look like much from the outside but were pleasantly surprised. We stayed in the sleepy bear room and it was big. They had twin beds for the kids in a seperate area from the king bed with a tv, games and vcr. It had a frige and microwave. The staff was really nice and helpful. It is close to the museum and downtown area. The fossil shop across the street is fantastic and the woman who works there is great to talk to. We loved Drumheller.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2009

This hotel was very reasonably priced. I stayed only one night, but the room was clean and comfortable. Not too many amenities, although the room did have mini-fridge and microwave. The bed was very comfortable with very nice linens, not the usual thin scratchy blanket! Bathroom was clean. All rooms open to outdoor walkway, so security might be an issue for some. It was a very temperate July night so I didn't either the heat or air conditioning, so can't comment on that. Only issue I could foresee is anyone travelling with a family or even one other person, as the room was quite small. For me, it was fine. Also, the walls are pretty thin, so you can hear other's TV's, etc. Not an issue after about 10 PM, but might bother families with young children, etc.
I did have a room on the back side, which afforded a view of the river and dinosaur, very neat!
Overall, I would recommend this hotel for a cheap night's stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank kmo100
Reviewed August 1, 2009

I reserved this room with a request for a ground floor room where I could park my motorbike close by. I was promised this. When I checked in, all they had (they said) was a room on the back of the motel on the second floor. (Great view!) I said I was worried about my motorbike and they suggested I park it right near the front door of the motel office. I foolishly took their advice and we parked my wife's car nearby. The first night, someone syphoned $20 of gas from my wife's car (while an employee was supposedly on all-night duty) with all the lights on at the front of the motel. The second night, someone came back for seconds on the gas, and my motorbike was damaged. On the final morning of our stay we woke up to bugs crawling around on our floor. They looked like bed bugs, but hotel staff said they were harmless bugs that come with the view (i.e. river is right there). Maybe they weren't bed bugs, but the fact that I found several between the box spring and mattress did not make me feel better. When I got home, I left my luggage outside the house... and sure enough, several bugs had hitchhiked home with me. I have now stayed in both the Econolodge and the Travelodge in Drumheller and they were both bad. There is a horrible little restaurant next door if you like bad service and coffee that's been on the burner for a couple of hours. Oh yes, and a filthy little pub with bar staff that will be happy to leave you sitting for 15 or 20 minutes with no service.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2009

After 2 weeks on the road, this motel was a clean modern comfort compared to executive suites in airport hotels and a sleazy motel nearby for just $10 less. Rooms are small, but the view is pretty good and the beds must have been replaced since that 2005 review. Did I mention CLEAN? Nice to have the microwave, coffee, and fridge for doing your own BK & lunch. Driving up to the door was a nice change too - not hauling luggage through elevators and halls... In the same parking lot: liquor store, bar, and family restau -- Greek family dining across the street.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family