“Clean & Friendly”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Drumheller
Calgary, Canada
“Clean & Friendly”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

The hotel was very clean, fresh and comfortable. Front desk clerks, housekeepers and breakfast servers were very friendly, efficient, helpful and accommodating. They upgraded us to a suite on our visit because the waterslide was close on the day we arrived. The room was huge (2 queen size beds, sofa bed, kitchen complete with a full size fridge, microwave, stove, dishwasher, dishes and cutlery. The layout was wonderful except for one thing - the bathroom was very small and can only handle 1 person not 2. The hotel had hot tub, swimming pool and waterslide which our kids just loved. The hotel offered complimentary hot & cold breakfast, wifi, parking & local calls. Note their wifi is not secured so we did not turn our laptop on & jeopardize our security. The location is near downtown, Canadian Tire, Boston Pizza, IGA grocery store & definitely not far from the Tyrell Museum. By the way, we booked the Tyrell package which means our room rate included a family pass to the museum. Breakfast came with the usual breads, fruits, make your own waffles, juices, coffee, hot chocolate, boiled eggs, cereal, milk to get your day started. This is just a standard hotel so don't expect fancy. The important thing for us was that the hotel and room were very clean and they provided very good customer service.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 3rd floor were quiet and private.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Marites8
gmsuper8drumheller, General Manager at Super 8 Drumheller, responded to this review, March 3, 2012
Thank you for your most complimentary review. I wish to personally thank you for staying with us and very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and had a great time in The Drumheller Valley. We look forward to having you stay with us again!
Bonnie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Ardrossan AB
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed 2 nights at the Super 8 and had a great trip. The hotel was good. It what I expected from a super 8. It was clean and had a great breakfast to get the day started. The pool area was noisy and full of kids but hey your in dinosaur country, and kids come there. They had a waterside but Im a bit to large to take on that!! The kids enjoyed it. We went to the museum (a must) and then off to the homesteader antique museum. Reptile world was OK I guess but could use a update but still interesting. Supper was easy as we walked to the irish pub a great meal. Boston pizza is walking distance and McDonalds is in the parking lot. We spent the next day going across the ferry and out to the Hoodoos. We spent a great day at the Atlas Coal mine a real good day. Lots of walking but the guides were wonderful and to see how our past was and how hard people worked is unreal, makes you appreciate what we have for sure. A stop at the swinging bridge and out to the Wayne hotel to wrap up the day. The hotel was cool and yet another blast in the past. Kids can get into the hotel on Sundays and a lot of cool things on the walls and history. The food was good as well. All in all was a nice weekend 3 hrs from home and would recommend it to anyone. Next time I would love to take the bike and tour around a bit more.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the bottom floor. Parked truck outside door.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Over all the room was extremely pricey but I wouldn't allow my children to use the pool as I felt with so many ants crawling throughout the room that if they couldn't keep the rooms clean I could only imagine what the pool was like.
Was planning to stay longer but checked out quiclkly and stayed at a much better place with no ant problems.

Room Tip: Don't choose a bottom floor room ~ same price so try and stay higher up unless you like tons of...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
gmsuper8drumheller, Manager at Super 8 Drumheller, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
We sincerely apologize for the difficulty you experienced. I would like to further discuss this with you. If you could please contact me at 1-888-823-8882
Yours truly,
Bonnie
Vancouver
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Very comfortable, clean. All you really need. Love the Super 8 complimentary breakfasts with the waffles etc. Another good Super *

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Fast check in and friendly staff.
Hotel is nice and clean.
Lots of parking.
Clean computers free of charge.
Used the laundry, which was cheap and clean.
Really nice looking pool.
Very busy place but very quiet.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
gmsuper8drumheller, General Manager at Super 8 Drumheller, responded to this review, August 27, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at The Super 8 in Drumheller. I am glad that you found your stay here a pleasant one at this busy time of the year and I appreciate your kind review. I realize that there are many choices for the busy traveller and I wish to also thank you for giving us the opportunity to share our hospitality with you.
Northwest Territories
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Checked in on a Sunday for 2 nights with my husband and our two young children. It was HOT when we were there so we were happy to have a nice cool room and a fridge to keep some drinks in. I've stayed in Super 8's before and this was no better or worse. It could use some updating but the beds were comfy and the room was clean. The hotel was a little pricey but all hotels in Drumheller are and it was worth the extra to have a pool. My kids & husband loved the pool & waterslide. The breakfast was also good with a large selection. There's restaurant's right outside your hotel including a 24hr McDonald's which was great for that 10pm craving for ice cream. ;) Now to the beetles...ick! My husband was sitting on the floor sorting a suitcase and jumped up slapping his legs. A little black beetle had cralwed up his leg! For the record, we were on the top floor of the hotel. (I think there's only 2 or 3 floors). Apparently there were signs up that my husband saw warning of the black bugs and saying they're common in this area and they were trying to control them. Leaving the hotel I saw them all over the entry-way and was so grossed out. I mentioned it to the lady when checking out and she simply replied "ya, they're actually pretty small this year". I guess maybe she was hoping that would make me feel better. So I'm not knocking the hotel but if you're booking rooms in Drumheller I recommend asking the hotel if they have this issue going on while you were there. It was a horrible nights sleep knowing a beetle could be crawling into bed with us.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ArcticExplorer
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at The Super 8 in Drumheller. I do apologize for Mother Nature providing us with the annoying beetle this year. I am pleased however that you did enjoy the pool, water slide and the breakfast and hopefully we will have the pleasure of your stay again.
Three Hills, Canada
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We stayed in the honeymoon suite last month and had an excellent time! The room was absolutely beautiful and very clean. The staff were very informative in giving us all the directions we needed for sight seeing and were also very friendly. Then, to top everything off they had an excellent selection for their breakfast and the pool was a great place to cool our sun burn we got after a long day sight seeing. We would not hesitate to come back to this hotel next year thank you Super 8 for a great experience!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at our hotel. I am glad you found your stay here a pleasant one. It is our goal to ensure that all our guests have a great time here in the beautiful Drumheller Valley and most importantly at our hotel. Thank you for staying with us!