“Ants crawling all over room and bed ~ manager didn't even apologize or offer at least a discount.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Super 8 Drumheller

Super 8 Drumheller
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Drumheller
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Over all the room was extremely pricey but I wouldn't allow my children to use the pool as I felt with so many ants crawling throughout the room that if they couldn't keep the rooms clean I could only imagine what the pool was like.
Was planning to stay longer but checked out quiclkly and stayed at a much better place with no ant problems.

Room Tip: Don't choose a bottom floor room ~ same price so try and stay higher up unless you like tons of...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
gmsuper8drumheller, Manager at Super 8 Drumheller, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
We sincerely apologize for the difficulty you experienced. I would like to further discuss this with you. If you could please contact me at 1-888-823-8882
Yours truly,
Bonnie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

Very comfortable, clean. All you really need. Love the Super 8 complimentary breakfasts with the waffles etc. Another good Super *

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver Island, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

Fast check in and friendly staff.
Hotel is nice and clean.
Lots of parking.
Clean computers free of charge.
Used the laundry, which was cheap and clean.
Really nice looking pool.
Very busy place but very quiet.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
gmsuper8drumheller, General Manager at Super 8 Drumheller, responded to this review, August 27, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at The Super 8 in Drumheller. I am glad that you found your stay here a pleasant one at this busy time of the year and I appreciate your kind review. I realize that there are many choices for the busy traveller and I wish to also thank you for giving us the opportunity to share our hospitality with you.
Northwest Territories
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

Checked in on a Sunday for 2 nights with my husband and our two young children. It was HOT when we were there so we were happy to have a nice cool room and a fridge to keep some drinks in. I've stayed in Super 8's before and this was no better or worse. It could use some updating but the beds were comfy and the room was clean. The hotel was a little pricey but all hotels in Drumheller are and it was worth the extra to have a pool. My kids & husband loved the pool & waterslide. The breakfast was also good with a large selection. There's restaurant's right outside your hotel including a 24hr McDonald's which was great for that 10pm craving for ice cream. ;) Now to the beetles...ick! My husband was sitting on the floor sorting a suitcase and jumped up slapping his legs. A little black beetle had cralwed up his leg! For the record, we were on the top floor of the hotel. (I think there's only 2 or 3 floors). Apparently there were signs up that my husband saw warning of the black bugs and saying they're common in this area and they were trying to control them. Leaving the hotel I saw them all over the entry-way and was so grossed out. I mentioned it to the lady when checking out and she simply replied "ya, they're actually pretty small this year". I guess maybe she was hoping that would make me feel better. So I'm not knocking the hotel but if you're booking rooms in Drumheller I recommend asking the hotel if they have this issue going on while you were there. It was a horrible nights sleep knowing a beetle could be crawling into bed with us.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ArcticExplorer
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at The Super 8 in Drumheller. I do apologize for Mother Nature providing us with the annoying beetle this year. I am pleased however that you did enjoy the pool, water slide and the breakfast and hopefully we will have the pleasure of your stay again.
Three Hills, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

We stayed in the honeymoon suite last month and had an excellent time! The room was absolutely beautiful and very clean. The staff were very informative in giving us all the directions we needed for sight seeing and were also very friendly. Then, to top everything off they had an excellent selection for their breakfast and the pool was a great place to cool our sun burn we got after a long day sight seeing. We would not hesitate to come back to this hotel next year thank you Super 8 for a great experience!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at our hotel. I am glad you found your stay here a pleasant one. It is our goal to ensure that all our guests have a great time here in the beautiful Drumheller Valley and most importantly at our hotel. Thank you for staying with us!
New Westminster, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2011

While the room was clean and large, it was unbearably hot due to the hotel's use of "eco friendly" air conditioning (used in all rooms). This means that the air conditioning will only turn on when the motion detector is set off (prompted only by walking around). As a result, when you are watching TV, using your computer/smart phone, and sleeping the air conditioning will not turn on no matter how hot it is in the room. The night I stayed at the hotel it was VERY hot during the day and even though the curtains had been drawn all day, it was stifling in the room and no air conditioning (unless I decided to walk around my room all night - which I didnt). So, in effect, do not expect any air conditioning during your say at this hotel - OK in the winter, but unbearable in the hot prairie summers. My worst night of sleep occurred at this hotel during my two week vacation due to the heat and the "eco friendly" air conditioning. I would not stay here again during the summer months.

Room Tip: Get a north facing room - hopefully they will not be as hot in the summer as the other rooms
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
gmsuper8drumheller, General Manager at Super 8 Drumheller, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
We are sorry that your experience at our Super 8 was a negative one. We always strive to provide our guests with the best possible guest experience. I have personally discussed your concerns with our quality assurance team. They are also disappointed that your stay was not a positive one. We do appreciate your business and hope you feel comfortable to try us again in the future.
oshawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2011

Our family enjoyed our vacation this past summer in Drumheller, Albeta. The friendly staff completely made us feel as though we were visiting famiy. The hotel and rooms were clean and there was nothing more we needed to enjoy our summer vacation. Thanks to the staff and management for a wonderful vacation!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
gmsuper8drumheller, General Manager at Super 8 Drumheller, responded to this review, March 17, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy that your experience at The Super 8 in Drumheller was a positive one and we hope to be able to share our hospitality with you again in the near future. Yours sincerely Bonnie Walbourne General Manager