“So glad we went”

Edmonton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So glad we went”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Sure the building could do with a bit of work but my god, for $8.50, what a place. My wife and I had gone to Drumheller to visit the Tyrell Museum which was good but I insisted on going to Reptile World for the simple reason that I had never held a snake. So imagine my delight when as soon as we entered we were faced with an employee holding Brittany (19 year old Boa) right at the tills who offered to let us hold her even before we had paid.

With that experience out of the way it was onto the enclosures which housed quite the variety of reptiles. Some beautifully coloured frogs, dazzling snakes and even a 600lb alligator called Fred. Even got to see one of the snakes feeding which was cool. Unlike most Zoo's I have been to, many of the reptiles seemed happy to move around so we found ourselves revisiting various enclosures to see who had moved where etc. By the time I had looked at my watch we had spent nearly 2 hours there which had only felt like 30 minutes. This attraction was great for us as a couple but we also saw many families there with kids very excited/nervous to hold Brittany and learn about the other wonderful creatures that call Reptile World home. Having visited quite a few attractions in Drumheller that day this was by far my favourite and I've already told all my friends who plan on going to Drumheller or those just passing through not to miss out on this place.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Richard L

Red Deer, Canada
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Lots of Critters”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Lots of different reptiles to look at and learn about. They have a snake called Brittany that they let you hold on to. She is amazing. I just love holding that snake. She is the highlight of my visits here.

Visited May 2013
Airdrie, Canada
77 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“The Hidden Surprise of Drumheller”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Everyone goes to Drumheller to see the dinosaurs but there is so much more and Reptile World in one of them. The building itself is nothing special and a little on the older side but their reptile collection and their knowledge is amazining. Both the adults and the kids were wowed by what we saw and learned. Getting to hold a snake was lots of fun too. Good value for the price.

Visited May 2013
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Plenty of reptiles to see”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My first thought when I walked into Reptile world was "wow this place looks run down". Apparently they had just changed locations in order to have larger spaces for their reptiles. Once we started walking around and looking into the enclosures you forget about everything else besides the fascinating reptiles. For 8 dollars you get to see loads of different kinds of reptiles/snakes. It was definitely worth the money and something I would recommend doing. They even will bring out a snake for you to pet and even to hold if it is the right snake. A great hour of interesting fun.

Visited September 2013
Prince Albert, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Amazing collection!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Wonderful collection of a wide variety of scary and exotic critters. Glass was difficult to see through on some of the habitats

Visited July 2013