“Don't miss this stop!”

Bernie & The Boys Bistro
Ranked #4 of 43 Restaurants in Drumheller
Cuisines: Fast Food
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We read about Bernie's before stopping here...we weren't disappointed! 5 of us split the mammoth burger and a family poutine & could barely finish it!! A lot of food for your money! They were very busy but the woman taking our order was very patient with us as we struggled to figure out what our party of 9 wanted to eat!

The restaurant is small with not much seating but they worked hard to get the 9 of us seated at two tables.

I love that the restaurant is family owned and run & the personal touch was definitely there! Would return again for sure if we were ever in the area, but since we're from Ontario it's not likely!

Thanks for the terrific meal!

DoulaMel

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Omg the Christy burger is AMAZING and their mushroom sauce is soooo good!! It's hard to decide when we go there..... The wings are fantastic... Magma, buffalo Parmesan , good ol hot ..... I'm hungry! The family atmosphere is welcoming, and I just love the ambiance. The owner Bernie is such a great guy with such dedication to his passion. I love it here and look forward to all my visits !

Reviewed August 1, 2013

If you want a burger that is so sloppy and over loaded go for it. We ordered the G Special burger and fish and chips and it definitely was not nothing to write home about. The fish was okay, but the batter was soggy, over done and greasy. The french fries are seasoned with something that was so high in salt, that they leave a funny after taste. So if you are watching your sodium levels STAY AWAY. After you pay , they then tell you it will be 20 - 25 minute wait, with no offer of a pop or coffee, let alone water.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We were excited to try Bernie's since it was closed last time we were in Drumheller and we'd heard so much about it, but we were disappointed. I actually did not mind my chicken burger but the rest of the table weren't impressed - even my cheeseburger-loving 5-year old didn't finish his. Everything was SO salty and SO greasy, we had serious indigestion that night. Sorry, I'd give it a miss. The folks who run it seem very nice though, if that's at all helpful.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This place looks appealing and somewhat quirky from the outside so we decided to give it a try. Inside it is fairly shabby chic. The food sounds promising and isn't. I would find something else.