“Loved it!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Drumheller B&B and Inns
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed there last year with my husband and three year old twins. Awesome location, beautiful grounds and amazing breakfast. Tried to book again for this year but left it to the last minute and it's fully booked; disappointed. Maureen the host is very personable. You will enjoy your stay here.

Room Tip: All rooms are gorgeous, quiet and clean.
4 Thank Shauna-Lisa O

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Just wanted to get out of city for a day, called few places, read some reviews and decided to give this b&b a chance. Great place to stay lots of room, very clean. Felt very welcomed and breakfast was awesome!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Alexi M
Airdrie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have been visiting McDougall Lane B&B for about 7 years now. The relaxing environment and the welcome home feeling is amazing. Clean luxury rooms, beautiful scenery, fantastic breakfast and above and beyond experience year round! I'm very picky when it comes to staying the night on a trip. why spend hard earned dollars on a questionable clean unknown hotel room, when you can spend slightly few more dollars for a relaxed take your time breakfast all rested from a very comfortable bed. I will continue to visit Maureen's B&B for as long as it is in business.

Room Tip: All rooms are A+ for any traveller situations. The jacuzzi room is the usual favorite which also has...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Windre4ver
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

My family and I stayed there for our recent trip in the summer. On our first evening there, the welcome we received was very cool. We were shown to our room, and told to not put anything on the dresser for it will scratch. When I was researching room for us to stay in, the website said full bathroom. Our room did have a beautiful Jacuzzi Tub, but there was no shower available, and there was a bar of used soap in the tub. Since there was no shower and the tub took about 45 minutes to fill up, my son and husband actually shared a bath, and I washed my hair under the tab, instead of waiting for the tub to fill again.

The night before when we arrived, we had agreed that breakfast would be at 8:30, we came down for breakfast and were told rather brusqely to get our own coffee, because the host was busy. Now this is fine, I don't mind getting my own coffee, but about 2 minutes later, 2 other guests came down for breakfast, and there coffee was served to them.

The next evening, we reminded our hostess that we would be down for breakfast at *830 again, since we were leaving that day, and we were told that if there was no seats available we would have to wait, even though we had pre-arranged this.

Our room did come with a DVD player, but the cords to actually hook it up to the TV we had to ask for them.

I would not stay here again, it was very unwelcoming, and I would not recommend this B&B to anyone.

2 Thank Brooke L
Sudbury, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

we came in 2011 july one night and stayed in the room that had a loft overlooking the downstairs living room. very well appointed with a jacuzzi tub. breakfast was excellent. in a very nice garden area and near the centre of town. definitely they work hard here to keep you happy.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank angscotjer
Prince Albert, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

For our annual family vacation we decided to stay in Drumheller. Having tried a B&B before without kids we decided to try it with kids. I was apprehensive about taking my children to someone else’s house for 5 days and nights, but we were greeted by a warm and friendly Maureen.

We stayed in the Garden Suite. It was the basement of her home with a TV for the children to watch Treehouse (and the Olympics), a bedroom with a queen bed and two single beds as well as a beautiful bathroom and pool table. The bedroom was great as it helped with the children sleeping through the night in a strange place, and big enough that there was still a lot of room to walk around the beds. It was great to stay in the basement as it was cool in the summer which our family prefers for sleeping.

Breakfast was phenomenal! It was HUGE! We never left hungry and often did not have to eat until mid afternoon! There were sausages, fruit, and eggs with toast, French toast, pancakes, or pan fries. I am actually glad there was not yogurt as I am fussy with my yogurt and bacon just takes too long to make and would not allow for a fast cooked meal, which with two young children is important. It was nice just to have a home cooked breakfast and not pre cooked, reheated, expensive meal from a restaurant somewhere. It was awesome to have so much protein with little carbs to provide us with ample energy for all the climbing (well I did not climb but the kids sure enjoyed it!).

Maureen was great company, there was never a awkward moment as can so frequently happen with people who don’t know each other well. George was quiet and kept a beautiful yard full of flowers! I am surprised my children did not try and pick them for mommy!

The location was great as it was so close to all the sights... it even allowed for a quick trip to the Calgary Zoo! I would highly recommend staying at this wonderful B&B. It is friendly, cozy and CLEAN (the sheets and towels were changed EVERYDAY which was an amazing touch!).

Room Tip: We stayed in the Garden Suite which we highly recommend for a family with young kids as there is a s...
2 Thank Jason B
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Not only were our hosts friendly and even helpful with directions, Maureen even made us a fresh pot of coffee and stayed to visit with us upon our arrival. We stayed in a lovely little house they had recently purchased as an addition to their existing (and gorgeous!) B&B, and the 2 bedroom/1 and a half bath home was absolutely perfect for my 3 children and me. With a full and sunny kitchen (including all the little things we would need), a spacious living room, a fully fenced and flowered back yard complete with BBQ, and one of the largest bathtubs I have ever used in the downstairs bathroom (a concrete tub, holds the heat beautifully!), we were more than comfortable. There was even a washer and dryer, and Maureen even supplied us with clothes pegs for the line in the back yard. The home is very central, only a few minutes from the local ExtraFoods grocery store (recommended over the other stores by Maureen because things tend to be cheaper there), and less than 3 blocks from Reptile World (our first stop as tourists). We enjoyed our 5 day vacation immensely, due in no small part to our fabulous stay at this property. We were able to relax and enjoy all the things we wanted to see and do in Drumheller (13 attractions in 4 days), and come 'home' in the evening to this quiet neighborhood. A fabulous time, and we would absolutely stay here again!

Room Tip: We stayed in their additional house, aprox 5 mins away from the main B&B. Lovely!
4 Thank Laurie R