Heartwood Inn and Spa
$151
  • Pool
Badlands Motel(Drumheller)
$61
Quality Hotel Drumheller(Drumheller)(Great Value!)
$102
$97
$112
Travelocity
$105
$94
Hoo-Doo Motel(Drumheller)
$85
All reviewsfrench toastturret roomromantic weekendromance packagehoneymoon cottagejetted tubmaple syrupeast roomgas fireplacemain buildingsmall housebed and breakfasthome away from homeold houseplace to stayrelaxing stayrosebud theatre
Reviewed September 20, 2010

This is the second stay for me and my fiancé. The rooms are cozy and comfortable. Patrice (the owner) is warm and friendly. The rooms are immaculate and private. The rooms we have stayed in have great big jetted tubs that are part of what makes this inn so great. I loved the Hydrotherapy Massage. I slept like a baby afterwards! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
pzwolfDrumheller, Owner at Heartwood Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2011

We LOVE our repeat guests. What a nice review - thanks. We are always upgrading and improving the place so when you come back you'll see the enhancements. While we have many regulars from Alberta, to have friends come back from Lotus Land (BC) that is just the BEST!
Warm regards,
Patrice

Reviewed September 14, 2010

I had the opportunity to attend a company retreat at the Heartland in Drumheller. I was pleasantly surprised to find accommodations of this caliber which included a number of unique rooms which were all exquisitely decorated and charming filled with antiques and local art. My room was absolutely stunning with a comfortable bed, private bath, Jacuzzi tub and a private entrance. Adjacent to the dining area was a lounging room which was a great place for our group to congregate during down times (Thank you Patrice for the lovely fires built in the fireplace each evening). Breakfast, prepared by chef extraordinaire Zeke was absolutely delicious... the service excellent! The area around the hotel was equally charming and I was even offered a golf lesson by Zeke which I know will improve my game a great deal. Not only were we all welcomed and looked after, our host and hostess went out of their way to provide us with information and bookings for local restaurants, entertainment, etc. I would without hesitation recommend this Inn to my friends. Thank you Patrice and Zeke.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2010

We booked the trip as a 3 day retreat to get away from our hectic work schedules and to get to know one another on a social basis. On our arrival Patrice greeded us in the most friendly manner. We felt welcome immiediately. Patrice and Zeke arranged all of our outings, i.e. golf, museum, dinner theatre and dinner reservations. All we had to do was show up. The rooms are quaint and cozy and Zeke's breakfasts are great. Thank you Patrice and Zeke, we had a lovely stay and would recommend your Inn to all of our friends and colleagues.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2010

My husband and I booked on very short notice a one night stay at the Heartwood Inn and Spa and what a treat it was. Zeke greeted us in such a friendly style that we immediately felt at home. He recommended a great Greek restaurant for dinner and then made our reservations for us. When we returned after dinner he invited us to come sit down and we had a lovely visit and learned a great deal about Drumheller. The Inn is old but beautifully decorated and so comfortable. Our bed was comfy and we slept well, the floors above squeak but we all were up at the same time so it made no difference to our sleep.
What a treat breakfast was also! Zeke makes fabulous french toast and we sat with other guests and ended up chatting for at least an hour after breakfast was done. Needless to say when we come back to Drumheller or send any of our friends, it will be to the Heartwood Inn and Spa.

Reviewed September 6, 2010

My partner and I had a getaway to Drum in August and stayed at the Heartland. I did a lot of research prior to booking and this Inn seemed to be the best fit. As a surprise for my partner, I requested the 'romance package' to be added to our stay. When we arrived we were greeted and given a tour of the inn (lovely, by the way! local art and antiques). We were shown our room and left to ourselves. I had requested that the room be ready for our return from dinner (Athens, recommended by Zeke which was fantastic!) and when we arrived, the room was not prepped; no wine, no bubbles, no romance. Less than impressed, I immediately went to the front desk and asked what had happened. Zeke offered his apologies because they had completely missed it - lines of communication crossed, whatever. He gave us a complimentary bottle of wine. Unfortunately we were unable to have breakfast the next morning as well because Zeke was at a golfing event, so we were disappointed that we couldn't experience the food he was raving to us about.

Very disappointed, we checked out the next morning. Patrice offered apologies as well and we went on our way.

By noon that same day there was a phone call from the local florist on my answering machine - they had a delivery for us. It was a lovely arrangement from Patrice and Zeke with their apologies. We also received an email inviting us back for a complimentary stay, complete with romance package.

We returned from that stay yesterday, and our highest compliments go to Heartwood. We stayed in the main turret, were warmly greeted, returned to a fabulously romantic room after dinner (bubbles, wine, candles, music, chocolates, strawberries..YUM!) and enjoyed a stellar breakfast the next morning (definitely have the stuffed french toast - it's crazy good!).

Patrice and Zeke, thank you for facing and remedying the problem head on. We will stay with you again on our next golf trip, and have already recommended you to friends. Cheers!