Heartwood Inn and Spa
$73
$112
getaroom.com
Quality Hotel Drumheller(Drumheller)(Great Value!)
$100
$74
  • Pool
Badlands Motel(Drumheller)
Hoo-Doo Motel(Drumheller)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfrench toastturret roomromantic weekendromance packagehoneymoon cottagejetted tubmaple syrupeast roomgas fireplacemain buildingsmall housebed and breakfasthome away from homeold houseplace to stayrelaxing stayrosebud theatre
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Heartwood over the Family Day weekend. I have nothing but good things to say about this cozy Inn. We were greeted by a friendly face....one that we saw the whole stay. We felt very welcomed and at home....not always the case if you stay at a chain hotel. As we were showed our room (Upper East) and how everything worked, I couldn't help but think that the pictures on the website didn't do justice to the actual room. We immediately felt at home and new we would have a fabulous weekend relaxing. When it came time for dinner, we got a great recommendation, which we happily followed. Zeke certainly knows his stuff when it comes to where to eat in Drumheller. For our second day, we had booked a horse drawn carriage ride, which was recommended to us by Patrice. It was fabulous. Norma took us on a great ride down by the river and then back through the town. She made sure we were nice and warm with extra blankets and feet warmers. We highly recommend this as a romantic add-on to a stay. Breakfast was amazing...especially Zeke's French toast!! We felt at home here and will happily suggest the Heartwood as a place to stay for anyone we know who is going to Drumheller.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank mlr6
pzwolfDrumheller, Owner at Heartwood Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for your very nice review of the Heartwood. You are correct that we are a family run hotel and Zeke or myself are here to look after guests needs. I will pass along your regards to Norma who offers carriage rides around Drumheller and through our river front park. Hope to see you again soon. Patrice Wolf owner/operator

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My girlfriend surprised me this valentine's day by taking me to the Heartwood Inn and Spa and I have only great things to say.

We arrived at the hotel in the late afternoon, and were kindly greeted. We were shown our room and all of it's amenities, and then headed to a local restaurant that was suggested to us by the hotelier. The dinner was awesome, and upon arriving back at the hotel I found that my girlfriend had arranged for the jacuzzi to be run with lit candles, with roses, a bottle of wine and some chocolates waiting for us. The hotel did an awesome job keeping the surprise, and the room looked amazing. Definitely a great experience for a guy who's never had a real surprise in his life.

Overall I really enjoyed the stay thanks to the wonderful staff and beautiful room. I look forward to returning again in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kevan C
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We just had a business retreat at the Heartwood Inn and I can't say enough about this charming place. The owners are so accommodating, the rooms are beautiful and the food was fabulous. It is a perfect place for a business retreat or just a relaxing getaway.

Room Tip: There is not a bad room in the Inn
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Catherine W
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We had such a fantasic stay here just after Christmas 2012. The rooms are better then they look in the site pictures and the hosts are marvelous and on top of all the little details. Everything about our stay was wonderful here right down to our couples chocolate pedicures

Room Tip: We atayed in the Upper Turret Room and it was amazing
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jus1983
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I have been put up in three hotels in Drum over the years while playing music and doing sound production. When you are finished at 4 or so in the morning, it is very important to have a comfortable room to come back to and get some well earned sleep. This was the most sound sleep I have ever imagined that I could ever have. Of the hundreds of hotels, band houses, motels and band gear in the back of the van that I have ever slept on.(over the 26 years playing music)... it was the most pleasant experience. The stories from the owner and his French toast in the morning were equally fantastic. Noel R Snow. Author, Musician, Chief Cook and bottle washer. Snow Sound. Snow Sound Studio. Snow Construction, Author of (Etiquette of Jamming.) Alberta. AB.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank NoelRSnow
pzwolfDrumheller, Owner at Heartwood Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Quiet rooms is what we are known for. It's not the rooms but the guestss that are quiet. We appeal to adults so you're not likely to ever see a hockey team booked here. I hope you'll come and see us again.