“Good pub food”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Alberta, Canada
“Good pub food”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I had eaten at the O'Shea's in Brooks, Alberta, in the past. First time in Drumheller. I had my usual cheese and potato soup. My son ordered a club sandwich, which they do not have on the menu, but made up something close. A friend had a salad. All good plates. Pleasant service and atmosphere. My GPS could not find it, even though it has been there a while.

• Visited April 2013

“A unfortunate series of events.”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My wife and I took our three young boys for a early supper the other day. After being seated it took our waitress 20 min to take a drink order and another 15 to return for a food order. Now I am a reasonable man, if it was busy one could understand a BIT of a delay but she had two other tables in her section. It realy was unfortunate as the food was good and the atmosphere and the rest of the staff were great.

Edmonton
“Nice pub food.”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I went on a slow Monday evening and got a seat right away. After ordering, my food came reasonably quickly, but after the food came the server evaporated and I waited a while to get my bill. Once I got my bill,my card was ignored in the sleeve until the server told me that cards are dealt with"at the computer". Not a huge issue, but it would have been nice to see that somewhere on the bill or be told that when it was presented. Outside these service hiccups, this is a nice place. I would not hesitate to go here as an alternative to other family restaurants when passing through or visiting the dinos.

Penticton
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Now that's Team Work! Awesome job :)”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stopped in here on Sun. Mar. 17th...St. Patrick's Day! I was passing through from Calgary to Saskatoon. I always frequent lounges alone, so being alone wasn't anything special. I'm a big person on service and the staff here proved to be one of my top places where I received, not only the service I hope for, but they went above and beyond what other places do.

Side note: I moved into my apartment in Oct and I've never eaten a meal at home....so yes, I am used to the restaurant industry from a customers point of view! I've also never worked in any waitressing position before.

I ordered some food (just wings) with helpful suggestions from the staff. I found my hot wings not hot enough for me (LOL), and another waitress brought me a side of cajun spices! Excellent idea. When one server was busy, another one didn't hesitate to check in on me, whether it was with my food or drinks. I sat at the bar....I always sit at the bar everywhere I go. There were times when the servers were behind the bar and would actually just chat with me while they worked in close proximity or tried to grab a quick bite of their own. I love chatting with staff when they have that moment to....one of the reasons I sit at the bar....there is always someone back there working close to me and most times will chat. The staff here were all happy to visit when they could. And they looked like they actually liked working here! This is a huge thing.....if a server smiles, I tip better because you make me feel better being in your establishment. I can have a crummy day, but a servers smile helps me forget about it just for a couple hours! That couple hours can mean the difference in someone's day!

It was neat there was a dj on when I arrived and it wasn't busy....must have been ~6pm or so. I talked to him too! I sure wish I could have stayed for the party, but alas, I had to get home to Saskatoon.

So I ordered another drink. The main server I had while I was there, politely declined. My response...alright, can you fill my water back up and bill me! Now I know I could have had at least one more, but she didn't know that. She had the guts to say something to me and I applaud her for that! I gave her a better tip just because of this! I tried to treat her with respect and appreciate the fact that she was doing her job. She showed me that this place and the staff that work here truely do care about it's customers! I've never been 'politely declined' a drink before. The fact that this lady said something to a tourist, made me smile! I've never been here before, but I will definitely stop in again if I am ever passing through!

I made sure to take the opportunity to let the staff know how much they were appreciated from my point of view! I was able to get all the extra ladies behind the bar and gave them all a $5.00 tip! Not one of these ladies was 'my' server...and yes, I think I tipped my server well! But these ladies all proved that they work together as a team here! As a parting gift, the staff were handing out t-shirts to celebrate St. Patricks Day to all the customers! Yup, got one....and the ladies also gave me a key chain, a glass and a cool frisbee for my boys!

Thanks for a great visit & keep up the good work :)

• Visited March 2013
Tim D, General Manager at O'Shea's Eatery And Ale House, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for thoughts and compliments, it is nice to hear that you enjoyed your visit and that the servers treated you well. I know you made an impression on them as well as they each told me about you the next day.
Babiuk
“dinner”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My steak sandwich was good but quite salty..perhaps the garlic toast had garlic salt (lots of it ) , otherwise service was good .

Visited March 2013
RESTAURANTMANAGER11, Manager at O'Shea's Eatery And Ale House, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Hello Judy B,
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor.
We appreciate all guest comments so we can continue to improve our guest service standards.
I apologise that your steak was salty. If you are in the area and would like to give us the opportunity to correct this for you on your next visit please give us a shout ahead of time at osheasdrum@telus.net.