“Very expenisve but not over priced”

Atlas Coal Mine National Historic Site
Book In Advance
More Info
$136.16*
and up
Drumheller and Badlands Full-Day Tour with a...
Ranked #8 of 33 things to do in Drumheller
More attraction details
Owner description: The Atlas Coal Mine National Historic Site is considered Canada's most complete historic coal mine and offers visitors a range of interpretive tours, on the surface, underground and up into the last wooden tipple in the country. We tell the amazing stories of the miners who came to seek their fortunes in the Drumheller Valley, in the heart of the Canadian Badlands.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I don't think this is overpriced, It is just expensive, likely to maintain as well. We paid for the train ride, but later my son joined a mining group so I went and paid more for it. I know he appreciated it. I suspect most would, but you need to plan on spending money on this trip.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"local history"
"self guided"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went on this tour in +35 degrees, but still well worth it. The guide was very informative about the mine, the history of the area, and later we took the Guided Ghost tour which tied in very well with this tour.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The tour was informative, but we would have chosen a later tour, if we knew the number of children schedule for the same tour.

The historic group is slowly restoring the site. It will be interesting to see what the tour expands to, once the third line is excavated.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We went to the atlas coal mine historic site at the end of the day
so we were able to go look around on our own, this is a very old and somewhat creepy place (the old wash house was the best-as we love old creepy stuff) This place has a lot of history! Hoping to be back next year for a tour!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 10, 2018

I went up to wooden Tipper ( Possibly in the world last standing one). It is quite an experience. I will love to go down to the mines next time. You really can feel how a miner life was with the explanation from the Friendly Staff there. I wish I was there earlier in the day. My tour is small ( 5 persons ). Also they have train ride . It is expensive, but it is totally worth it. It needs major work to keep they place running and won't hurt to donate a few bucks .