“Exceptionally friendly and clean”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Drumheller
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Drumheller
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed here in October 2013. I was in the area looking for a monthlong accommodation for work, and spent a few days here will searching. I have stayed in many hotel rooms, and this is one of the cleanest I have ever had. The owner (Mona) was a friendly, helpful, and understanding woman. On my last day, she allowed me a VERY late check-out (4pm) without any extra charge, as I was not able to move into my accommodations until that time. Can't thank Mona (and other staff) enough for their hospitality, I truly felt welcome here! This is a great place to stay right in the town of Drumheller.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Alana M
Manish_Econolodge, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Drumheller, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear Alana,

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Hi
I stayed at The Econolodge Drumheller on my was back to Calgary, the hotel was good and the room
where i stayed was really amazing clean and good location, Breakfast was good
Moreover than that the owner was very friendly and they met our expectations and we received a good service for the money we paid it's not the first time for me in The Econolodge but it's first time in Econo Lodge Drumheller and it was really good stay i would stay there once again and i would really recommend the hotel

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Manish_Econolodge, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Drumheller, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Reviewed November 17, 2013

staff were very nice. rooms were really clean. Will definitely stay here next time i'm in drumheller. Motel was in walking distance of lots good restaurants and attractions. I will recommend this motel to frien

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed here October 25, after a long drive from Kelvington Saskatchewan. I couldn't have been more satisfied, from my check in, to the staff, to my immaculate clean room that was given to me on the second floor which I asked for, tired from the long drive. The rooms are refurbished, mine was all I could ever ask for, matching black microwave and fridge. Exceptionally clean bedding not to mention the bathroom.
The breakfast in the morning was wonderful and on till 10 A.M. A continental one with many varieties of food. The Manager was there to see that you got everything that you needed.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling through, and already have to friends if they should stay in Drumheller.
Being in Property Management for 30 years in Calgary, it was easy to see that these Managers are doing something that other motels or hotels do not even think of. I call it excellent P.R.
See you next time.

Room Tip: I had a corner suite on the top floor and could not hear any noise. I think any room would be good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed at the Econo Lodge Inn and Suites in Drumheller, Alberta the nights of September 2 and 3, 2013. It wasn’t easy to find from the information on the internet. The GPS took us to a completely wrong location. Only after we did a search on the GPS for Econo Lodge did we get the correct directions. This hotel is an old hotel. The room is not large. The AC is loud and the constant breeze from the AC on the bed makes one feel uncomfortable. They do have a breakfast area with tables and chairs. Breakfast consisted of yogurt, orange juice, toast, coffee/tea. Cereal and bagels (only whole-wheat) are available. They have apples. The man at the front desk was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

How rude, when it was pointed out that we booked because the advert said two queens and a twin bed I was challenged to show the misrepresented advert. And threatened with the "but you are three, I could charge you extra for that too." No apology for the lack of honesty, rude in the subtle way ( insult with a smile) and no courtesy. It's like this place wasn't in Canada, where 'sorry' is always said and customer service is the golden rule of customer relations. I would never recommended this and will report their dishonesty/misrepresentation to all the hotel booking websites.

• Stayed: September 2013
Manish_Econolodge, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Drumheller, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

All of our rooms are non-smoking and bed spreads washed regularly. I disagree that the hole mark is cigarette burned.
The reservation came for 2 adult persons you were the 3rd unregistered adult guest. We accommodated your mom by providing our last room which happened to have a cot. We also waived your charges and told you of the same.
I asked you to show me the advertisement based on which your mom made the reservation. You could not produce the same.
Important: Please make your reservation with accuracy without hiding anything.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were really impressed by the personable staff. It was very clean and comfy. We appreciate the concern for the environment. I would recommend this motel very much and on a practical note -book ahead it's very busy.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel.