“The only hotel I stay in Edson”

Holiday Inn Express Edson
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Edson
Reviewed July 27, 2011

It's new so it's almost a no brainer. Very friendly staff. Try not to stay on the ground level, the floor can be pretty cold. Also the air-conditioning works in either heating or cooling mode, there's no auto adjustment so it can be tricky during the summer (let's face it, all other seasons are cold enough you pretty much only need heating).

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank chunerrrr
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Edson

Reviewed July 20, 2011

This hotel is newer. Staff was friendly and very helpful. We were just starting to unload suitcases into the room and front desk called to say they upgraded us to a larger suite on the third floor. Very nice of them. The larger suite had two large beds plus a pullout single sofa. This was great as my children both had a great nights sleep in their own beds. Beds were comfy and hotel was very clean. Bright clean and modern colors were very nice. Pool area was great. They have a good water slide that the kids loved. I even found some time to use their gym and it was clean and had good machines and was set up nicely with a tv for viewing while doing cardio. The only downside was the elevator broke down. We had lots of luggage as we just came from 5 days of shopping at west ed mall. I phoned the front desk and staff came up and helped us bring our stuff down the stairs which was very much appreciated. THANK YOU! Breakfast is also included at this hotel until 9:30am. They have a machine that you push a button and pancakes are served fresh in 45 seconds. The kids thought this was so cool. They also serve bagels, cinnamon buns, eggs, bacon, sausage and all the regular stuff. If you need to stay in Edson I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Kari1975
Reviewed May 17, 2011

I always have a great expierience every time i stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Edson. Great service Great Rooms and Very clean. I am always greeted with a smile from the staff especially the cleaning staff and the people in charge of the Breakfast area. The facilities are excellent and there is always a good option for Breakfast. Best hotel in town Guaranteed...Trust me ive stayed in them all.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank hilton31
HIEedson, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edson, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Holiday Inn Express Edson. We are delighted to know that we were able to make your stay an excellent experience. Our team will continue every effort to maintain, and enhance our reputation for high standard, quality and friendliness. We are looking forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Edson.

Monica Manalo, Guest Relations

Reviewed April 18, 2011

I stayed one night at the Holiday Inn on a business trip to Edson. Staff in resource-based towns like Edson can be very difficult to come by, so I was impressed by the friendliness and competence of the staff. The room was nice and the pool area was above-average. Good breakfast the next morning as well.

One small negative of this hotel is that noise seems to carry. One room about 5 doors from me was a having a small party and I could hear conversations clearly. Fortunately, they settled down early and I was able to get a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevator (noise).
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank anonymous1984
Reviewed October 6, 2010

I like Holiday Inn Express because it gives me everything I need - a good mattress, internet access - but with the benefit of having healthy choices at the breakfast buffet (yogurt, hard boiled egg, cereal). The HI Express in Edson has larger rooms than average and the pool is better than average. All for about $130 is very good value. Internet wasn't as fast as I'd like but that was the only downside. Looks like property was built in the last few years and it's been well maintained.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Trail_B-ers
Reviewed September 3, 2010

First time I stayed here, i was surprised at how helpful and kind the front desk service was. So impressed that I planned on staying at this hotel on my many future visits along with my colleagues. The rooms seemed very nice and clean. Opened the sheets to go to bed and found a large toenail clipping in the center of the bed under the sheets. Although I thought this wasn't right, I figured it wouldn't happen again and let it go. Returned to stay again, the front desk associates seemed much less helpful. To book two rooms, I had to spend over fifteen minutes on the phone. We are here on business working night shifts in for the energy industry. Since our nights are actually days and vice versa. I had asked it if would be any trouble if we had access to the pool facilities 30 mins past usual closing time. I was assured that this would be just fine and to come see the front desk staff to gain access to pool. Myself and 3 others ready to enjoy a ten minute dip in the hot tub went down stairs at the time originally agreed upon with front desk staff only to be told that this was not possible and that our agreement no longer held any value. For these reasons, myself and my entire crew will not be staying at this or any other holiday inn in the future. I usually book 2-8 rooms for weeks at a time. The business right next to this hotel seems to relate to car racing and being woken up to the sound of loud revving engines is not something I appreciate..

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank sralston
Reviewed July 6, 2010

My husband and I were travelling back from Vancouver and decided to stop in Edson for the night. We called to ensure they had rooms (it was a Saturday night over the long weekend) and the gentleman I spoke to on the phone was extremely polite and friendly. When we arrived to check in we were very impressed by the lobby and the service. Our room was fantastic, and the huge bathroom was a nice surprise! After just staying at a "four-star" hotel in Vancouver we actually liked this hotel better! Nice to have a Boston Pizza right across the parking lot also. The hot breakfast was very nice, a good start to another full day of travel. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple