“Pleasantly surprised”

Best Western High Road Inn
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Edson
Reviewed September 17, 2011

We were given a freshly renovated room and the room was quite spacious and included a kitchenette. The room felt clean and bright and although the motel was on a busy street the noise was not a problem. Also, we ate at the restaurant and it was good.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 1, 2011

We stayed here the past two years during the big August long weekend tournament they have in Edson every year. Last year the hot tub was down the entire long weekend due to some sort of mechanical issue. But the stay was good so we came back with our team again this year.
We got there Friday to see the hottub and pool up and running and were very happy. However by Saturday morning after returning from our first game, we came to find a lot of the first floor lobby area flooded and the pool and hottub closed. In fact this issue closed down the hotel restaurant and bar which has awesome food, probably the best in town. For the ENTIRE long weekend.
Seeing as we're there for sports, it's very dissapointing not to have a hot tub to unwind in not once, but two years in a row. And I really don't know if it's a constant issue or just a coincidence but it's enough that our team will probably be going back to the Sundowner inn next year because we've stayed there in the past with zero issues. Only moved to the Best Western to accomodate a couple people with pets. They did give us a slight discount to account for the free breakfast we were supposed to recieve each day staying there that they couldn't do because of the closure, but something to accomodate for the pool closure would have been good too. There's a public pool in town but they were not having any public swimming times during the weekend to keep the ball players out.
Like I said, it's too bad because the hotel itself is really good otherwise. Rooms are big and clean, and the chinese food in the restaurant is a great deal and very very good. But having a big feature of the hotel closed for entire weekends isn't good at all. I do understand things happen but for something like this, some sort of deal with the leisure center or some discount for not having all hotel ammenides available would have been nice. Seeing as it's a fairly pricey hotel to begin with.

Room Tip: Seems like all rooms are very similar, wouldn't worry about it.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2011

nice room with a good full breakfast included at the restaurant.
Nice buffet for dinner in the restaurant, roast turkey and chinese food included.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed at the Best Western for a night on a business trip. The check in was quick and the clerk was friendly. My room was decent but I could hear lots of noise from the hallway in the evening. One thing I value is getting a decent night sleep in a hotel when on a business trip. I went down to the Chinese restaurant and enjoyed my meal. After a rest, I decided to try the hot tub which was fine. But I didn't really like the location of it right by the front windows where the lights from the trucks could shine in and the windows where the other male guests were walking around. The free breakfast was a nice treat and it wasn't very busy either. For one night, it was a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 18, 2011

We were Married on January 14th, 2011 and were heading off to the Best Western Jasper Inn for our Honeymoon later that day. We had to stop in Edson because the Weather was so bad and it was our wedding night. The front desk lady told us about the honeymoon suite so we decided to splurge and take it for the night. It was the only Jacuzzi Bathtub in the Hotel. Well my husband and I proceeded to have a 2 hour jacuzzi bubble bath. We were wondering why there was saw dust floating on the bubbles and it was getting worse, so we got out. Our skin was red and Burning, we wiped off the towels came back dirty too. We woke up the next morning to an oily brownish film all over the tub. Disgusting i'm so grossed out! Went down to the front desk to tell the lady and she said I can only give you $20.00 off I said I'm not paying for this I just bathed in some OILRIGPIGs Dirt (Frac OIL) on my wedding night. She said calm down and Compted it. Whatever Obviously the honeymoon suite is a jOke if they'll just rent to anyone with a buck to pay for it. This event totally ruined it all the next night we made it to the Jasper Inn and it Was Gorgeoous. There was A Bottle of wine and a card waiting for us in our room and Bathrobes. They know how to treat a customer. The only thing was we were so upset, drained, disgusted that we didn't fully enjoy it and went to sleep!!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2010

I love this hotel, we stayed here June 30, 2010, checkin was easy, breakfast was awsome, we got more then bread and butter! the beds are just right with lots of pillows. Nice pool with water slide, fridge, coffee maker, and Microwave. nice and quite by 10:00pm. Will be back for sure.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2010

was very comfy, has all the amenties including restaurant, pub, waterslide, pool, fitness centre, and business centre. Staff are excellent, and rate includes a full hot breakfast juice included. Rooms are very spacious comfortable and clean, movies available.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business