“Avoid”
Review of Nova Inn Edson

Nova Inn Edson
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Edson
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We had booked the nova for a skating competition because it had a pool. When we checked in the said pool was broke! We'll not much I can do! Get to the room I was so hot it was gross and a faint smell of urine. No other hotels had a room had to stay. If you stay on the first floor they leave open the door when they smoke outside so it comes in the hallway and in your room, and not just cigarettes! Real nice when you are with young kids. Management is....ah never mind. I would avoid this hotel unless you are working that's what it is a work crew hotel and don't mind they clean rooms and vacuum at 7 am

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Regi0nalsalesmanager, Regional Sales Manager at Nova Inn Edson, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Thank-you for your review.
We were sorry to hear about your recent stay with us in Edson.
What you have described certainly does not meet our service standards at our properties and we will definitely be looking into this matter further.
Thank-you again for your feedback as it allows us to continue to grow.
Sincerely - Mindy Smythe

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I have copied the email that I sent to the general manager regarding our stay in January 2014

Darren,

It is with great disappointment that I write this email. I have also commented on the website but was not certain that you will receive the message so I have repeated some of it here.

We were guests at your hotel on January 3, 4 and 5 - our stay has not been very good. Our room was not made up on Saturday - we had advised the desk at 12:30 of this and they assured us that they would have the evening housekeeping make up the room and replace the towels. At 8:00 pm I contacted the desk and they told me that it was not written down and that the evening housekeeping was now gone.

Service in the restaurant was terrible. We ordered a Blueberry Tea from the menu and were told that they only had Orange Pekoe and Earl Grey - when we advised the waitress that it was a cocktail not a type of tea, she appeared to be annoyed with us. I advised her of the ingredients and that it was a drink that was on the menu.

The waitress proceeded to advise us that she was hung over from the previous evening. We had ordered a chicken pizza with no onions and 1 hour and 15 minutes later we received a beef pizza with onions.

When advised of the error and the delays, she advised us of the change in wait staff, but had not apologized or comment on the delay or error. The bathrooms were dirty and had no toilet paper - I am surprised that the health inspector has not shut down this restaurant.

Your website indicates "where our comfort and service speak for itself." I think you need to review the comfort and service that you provide, as it does not speak highly at all.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Regi0nalsalesmanager, Regional Sales Manager at Nova Inn Edson, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank-you for your review.
We certainly appreciate your feedback and would like to assure you that we will be looking into the concerns you brought forth.
Thanks again - Mindy Smythe

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Nova appears to be a nice hotel, it's truly just a typical one star dive as far as I'm concerned. Working there over the course of 6 weeks, my reservations got "lost" or "looked over" three times, causing me to move rooms every night of the week.

The manager can be a complete amateur, by this I mean he is short and assumes the customer is always in the wrong.

The housekeeping is not standard hotel housekeeping. I was in the middle of sleeping quite a number of times when I was barged in on by housekeeping. 8-9 o'clock!?!? REALLY!?!? The front desk claimed I had told them I was on night shift - Which never happened.

Zorba's (attached) is a scummy bar aswell. The morning chef cooks in shorts and sandals, and the food is terrible. Steak sandwich is about the only good thing to eat.

Overall this hotel is trash. I can truthfully say this hotel is the worst I've stayed in. Stay away.

• Stayed: November 2013
Darren J, General Manager at Nova Inn Edson, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to pass along your concerns regarding your recent stay, my apologies that we did not meet your expectations. I would certainly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly regarding your concerns.

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Nova Inn for 4 nights during my move. The staff and management we all very helpful and friendly. I received prompt and friendly service , I felt like it was my home away from home during my stay. We had our beds made and bathroom cleaned when it was convenient for us. Thank you to all the staff for being friendly and happy while they worked . Marlene

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank solaflare900
Regi0nalsalesmanager, Regional Sales Manager at Nova Inn Edson, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Thank-you very much for your kind review. We are pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us.
We hope to welcome you back again in the future.
All the best - Mindy Smythe

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Stayed here a month in the one bedroom suite while working in edson.
Housekeeping came every morning at 6:30 am to clean room, and if I wasn't out of the room, they wouldn't clean, and wouldn't come back at a later time. After 5 straight days of not having my room cleaned and having to wash my own towels, the front desk complained to me that I need to be out of my room at 6:30 every morning so they can clean.
What a joke....

• Stayed: May 2012
4  Thank Angryguestsf
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Stayed here last week everything was good rooms where comfortable and very well equipped for short or long term stays. However later in the evening there was a fire and had to evacuate. Apparently someone left something on a fireplace and caught fire. Was stuck outside for awhile until all clear to go back inside. Checked out early next morning. was hoping for discount on next stay or something but didnt happen lol.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank peter84
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Clean hotel. Friendly staff.
Wifi has been a bit suspect sometimes but other than that. No complaints.
Zorbas - pub attached serves decent food, it's not going to win any awards but nice enough.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business