“it was excellent and i will return again”

Howard Johnson Edson
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Edson
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I checked in with a very curtious,friendly and helpful staff of workers who were more than willing to help me in any way they could ,there rates were more than reasonable and there rooms were clean and well taken care . All of my requests were immediately taken care in a very professional manner,great job ,keep up the good work.
thanks for everything

I SHALL RETURN

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed July 14, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel on a business trip to Edson. I was extremely impressed with the renovations and friendly service I received upon arrival. The front desk area was very inviting and the people were helpful when I asked for directions around the town. The food was extremely well made.... Not to mention it was being served by a cute indian server! I will definitely be going back!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I stayed here for the weekend while travelling through for work. The employees were super friendly and very helpful whenever i had any questions. The food in the lounge was really flavorful, and they delievered it up to my room, and it was fantastic. They had wifi internet, which was super useful! Overall, i definitely recommend it. I got one of the newly renovated rooms, which was nice. The bathroom was clean, the bed sheets were clean. Overall the cleansiness was a 10/10. The prices are reasonable as well. Overall definitely recommend it! :)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2011

I stayed at the North Ridge in for 5 days at the end of June this year. I was recently transferred to edson for work. i was supposed to start my new job after the july long weekend which would\ve given me plenty of time to move and get settled in. Instead I got the "come early, we need you now" phone call. I did a little calling around And the North Ridge Inn had the best rates I could find by far! I was more than happy with my room, just renovated, comfy bed, modern design and the flooring was great! I'm used to seeing carpet in hotel rooms but this room had hardwood and tile! I didn't have to worry about who else may have been walking around barefoot on the carpets! The Inn also had a cute little gym room I made use of and a lounge where I spent most of my off time. The food in the lounge was fantastic, but the service was even better. The girls there really made me feel welcome. All in all I would recommend this hotel to anybody I know. They really go the distance to make sure your stay is a good one. Keep up the great work north ridge!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 4, 2011

Towels stained, bath tub chipped, stained and gross. The bottle of shampoo was half full and been used. Room and all the furniture is very rundown. The price is right but there are other edson hotels that are not that much more expensive. We will try one of them out next time.

• Stayed: January 2011
3  Thank Jodymae B
HojoEdson, Manager at Howard Johnson Edson, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2011

We have all sorts of rooms here at the North Ridge Inn. We have been renovating our 67 rooms for a year. Most likely when this customer was here he ended up getting our last room that was not renovated. During winter season Edson is a working oil and gas town. So most winter there is no vacancies in hotels. Our Hotel is not run down. We are here to get this Hotel renovated and give a very good service to our customers. We have long term customers staying with us for years. Don't let this review hold you back COME VIEW OUR ROOMS AND JUDGE FOR YOURSELF. We have decent rates and full service Hotel.
" COME STAY WITH US AS A GUEST AND LEAVE AS FAMILY"
Manager
Mani Kakkar

Reviewed July 12, 2010

My son and I along with 2 other families stayed there (we were there for soccer provincials)...we were told that it was newly renovated...NOT...rooms weren't cleaned..not dusted...bathrooms weren't very clean, I had to clean my toilet and bathtub. The bathtub had spiders in ti.The tab in the bathroom looked very old, lots of old coaking around the base of it, leaking underneath so I had t put a container underneath it. The kitchenette wasn't a very nice site spiders every where...the burners and the oven didn't even work ...what a shame...then I went to make coffee...and OMG there was a filter in the coffee pot that was rock hard and molded and when I went to the front desk, all she could do was make up excuses..she told me she'd clean it up and then I could use it..I think NOT...still didn't get anywhere so I told her that I wanted a different coffee pot and that was not excuse, especially since it was suppose to be a newly renovated hotel..so about 30 mins later one of her sons came up with a tea kettle and told me that was my new coffee pot..so I told him that wasn't a coffee pot and that I couldn't brew a pot of coffee with that...so I told him to take it back and he told me that he would bring me one in the morning...and never seen one at all...we had hardly any dishes, etc in our rooms, my one friend didn't have a coffee pot (she went and bought one at Wal-mart, how sad is that) or dishes in her room and she had 4 kids and her sister in law with her...we had to ask for towels. Then on our last morning, I went down to the front desk to ask if I could just leave my stuff in the room for a couple of hrs as we didnt' know for sure what was happening with the tournament..and this other lady that worked there said it was ok and then I asked if I would be charged the extra night and she said no as that room isn't even booked...I was exactly 2 HOURS and they were going to charge me a full nights stay...if they would of told me that I was going to be charged an extra day, I would of moved my stuff into my friend's room as she is staying a few extra days...so anyways the lady(the one I had gont to complain about the coffee pot) at the front counter wasn't very nice about it..se insisted on charging me 3 nights when I was only there for 2 nights...so her son ( I'm assuming that it's her son) said something to her in their language and at first he said no have to charge you the extra night and I said I wasn't going to pay for 3 nights so he told her to give me a discount and proceeded to talk in their language...so she gave me a 28.00 discount so I still paid 43.99 for the room that I only left my stuff in for 2 extra hours...oh and she told me that they went and bought me a coffee pot, and I told her that now that I'm leaving what good is that going to do me..so she told me I could take it home....so I said why do I want another coffee pot when I have like 4 at home..cheap $12.00 pot..yippeeeee. So I had to ask for my reciept...what a bunch of crap..I've managed a campgorund and I know that if someone came to me and asked if they could have a couple of hrs, I would let them stay and not charge them...unless they stayed longer...or if that site was booked....so needles to say I'M VERY PEEVED AND NOT IMPRESSED....I think the only thing that they renovated was the front lobby...so no I will not ever recommend for anyone to stay there or ever ever stay at that hole of a hotel/inn.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank soccermama1171
Reviewed April 4, 2010

The owner was great, I was traveling solo from Vancouver-moving to Edmonton- and he moved his truck for me so that I could park mine right in front so that it would be in view of the front desk over night. (I was worried about leaving everything I owned in the truck overnight)
The front desk lady was so sweet and helpful, after such a long day of driving from Vancouver it was nice to meet people who were so nice.
The bed was the comfiest that I have ever had and I have traveled all over the world for the past 3 years!
They have nice touches in the room that other hotels haven't thought of; hard wood floors that are a lot easier to clean than the dirty carpets in other Edson hotels-with a lot of oil field workers that have dirty boots which soil the carpets.
Great value!! Will definitely go back! Would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business