“JK2012”

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Fort Saskatchewan
Edmonton, Canada
“JK2012”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

just got back from a two night stay at this property...why they refer to it as Super I do not know. What I do know is that I would have prefered to sleep in my vehicle. The smell of the elevators should have been my first clue. The smell of diesel "well I think that is what it was" was overwhelming. My nephew's eyes were so red and were burning so badly after spending time in the pool. My niece also ended up with a VERY bad rash on her leg. FYI the pool was closed the next day to everyone's surprise - NOT!! with no explantion or signage to indicate why. I think I may know...I won't even start about the beds...uncomfortable is an understatement. I'm not sure when the duvets where replaced. I would have to say never!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JK0000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Edmonton
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My daughter had a dance Festivle at the DOW centre so due to the close proximity (Across the parking lot) I booked a night there. I have stayed in Super 8 hotels before and have been satisfied. Unfortunately our stay at FORT SASK was terrible.. My wife found a long black hair in our bed, the comforter smelled bad, the bed was uncomfortable, the pillows seemed cheap and hard. The next day when we checked out the front desk, never asked how our stay was ..no thankyou...no eye contact...just handed me my receipt and went about her work. My daughter has another dance festivle coming up soon however when I book a hotel it will not be at fort Sask SUPER 8

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CAT2806
Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a hockey tourney. It had everything we needed. A pool for the kids, breakfast included. I do have to agree with the other review that the breakfast needs to be vamped up. There was nobody working in the breakfast area. We had to go out to the lobby and
Interrupt the employee chatting to the front dear clerk in order to get her to make us a waffle. In every other hotel patrons are given small ups of batter to make their own. Our room had a strange odor. We were on the first floor and it was a spicy food smell that was pretty gross. I am not sure if a staff member had heated their dinner and it just creeped down the hall or what.
Overall I would stay there again if we went to Fort Sask.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Nowhere, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed November 5, 2011

As a partner in an international accounting firm I travel regularly. I stayed at this hotel as my son's judo tournament was just across the parking lot. For the first time, in hundreds of requests from places I have stayed, they refused a late check out on a Sunday morning from 11am to 12 noon. This is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at. Also the bed duvet had dark stains on the underside. What a negative experience.

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Dennis S
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed June 13, 2011

4 of us family members stayed in 2 rooms for 2 nights and have no complaints about this hotel. We found the rooms clean - your basic hotel room... We stayed on the 2nd floor and found it extremely quite as well. They could beef up the contimental breakfast a little bit more. One thing we did notice is they did have waffle makers there, however they were behind a counter with a sign stating "Staff Only" and there was no staff in the breakfast room to make any if someone wanted one? Found this a little odd... The location was great for us as it is right across the highway from all our family in the Fort. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Skippy510109
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed May 22, 2011

We had to pay during our check in which I found odd. No pre auth was done on our credit card when I made the reservation, like any other hotel I've ever been to, so when we got there we were expected to pay right then. My husband was paying for the room but hadn't arrived so I had to come up with $300.84 + $100 deposit before they would let me check in. I've always payed during check out. then there was Ricky's (the restaurant) it was busy on the restaurant side but we were in the lounge. There was only one other table. The server announced that she was spacy because she was leaving for Vegas on Tuesday. She returned 3 times because she forgot my order, 5-10 minutes between each visit. And then there was the 30 minute wait because the kitchen was so busy. If my memory was that bad and my kitchen that busy, I would have made an effort to not wait 5 minutes to put in an order. The room was not bad, but there was urine and a pubic hair behind the toilet seat, and hair and sand in the bathtub. Overall I would never go back.

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank rigrug
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 13, 2011

- good hotel, not much to say its a Super 8 and fits my need
- I think there was a swimming pool, didnt had time to check it out

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business