“Good room for the price”

Super 8 Fort Saskatchewan
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Fort Saskatchewan
Fort McMurray, Canada
“Good room for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a hockey tourney. It had everything we needed. A pool for the kids, breakfast included. I do have to agree with the other review that the breakfast needs to be vamped up. There was nobody working in the breakfast area. We had to go out to the lobby and
Interrupt the employee chatting to the front dear clerk in order to get her to make us a waffle. In every other hotel patrons are given small ups of batter to make their own. Our room had a strange odor. We were on the first floor and it was a spicy food smell that was pretty gross. I am not sure if a staff member had heated their dinner and it just creeped down the hall or what.
Overall I would stay there again if we went to Fort Sask.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Nowhere, Oklahoma, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2011

As a partner in an international accounting firm I travel regularly. I stayed at this hotel as my son's judo tournament was just across the parking lot. For the first time, in hundreds of requests from places I have stayed, they refused a late check out on a Sunday morning from 11am to 12 noon. This is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at. Also the bed duvet had dark stains on the underside. What a negative experience.

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Dennis S
Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

4 of us family members stayed in 2 rooms for 2 nights and have no complaints about this hotel. We found the rooms clean - your basic hotel room... We stayed on the 2nd floor and found it extremely quite as well. They could beef up the contimental breakfast a little bit more. One thing we did notice is they did have waffle makers there, however they were behind a counter with a sign stating "Staff Only" and there was no staff in the breakfast room to make any if someone wanted one? Found this a little odd... The location was great for us as it is right across the highway from all our family in the Fort. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Skippy510109
Saskatoon, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2011

We had to pay during our check in which I found odd. No pre auth was done on our credit card when I made the reservation, like any other hotel I've ever been to, so when we got there we were expected to pay right then. My husband was paying for the room but hadn't arrived so I had to come up with $300.84 + $100 deposit before they would let me check in. I've always payed during check out. then there was Ricky's (the restaurant) it was busy on the restaurant side but we were in the lounge. There was only one other table. The server announced that she was spacy because she was leaving for Vegas on Tuesday. She returned 3 times because she forgot my order, 5-10 minutes between each visit. And then there was the 30 minute wait because the kitchen was so busy. If my memory was that bad and my kitchen that busy, I would have made an effort to not wait 5 minutes to put in an order. The room was not bad, but there was urine and a pubic hair behind the toilet seat, and hair and sand in the bathtub. Overall I would never go back.

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank rigrug
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2011

- good hotel, not much to say its a Super 8 and fits my need
- I think there was a swimming pool, didnt had time to check it out

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2010

Hi, i stay at this hotel all the time, for the past 4 years infact, always a clean room and friendly staff, the rooms are large and they have many different types, unlike some previous review the hotel it does not have central air, it has modern units in each room controled by a simple themo on the wall, the hotel is only 4 years old, i been staying here since it opened, there is indoor pool along with restaurant attached which i very nice when you dont want to walk out side in cold weather, they have fitness room but they are across the street from the Dow centenial center which offers all sort of receration activities including a full fitness club, i have tried the newer products in fort, but they are same as this hotel but more money, and none of them have nice restaurant attached to the hotel or a pool,

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank daveedwards1995
Orange, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2010

I stayed here for about 2 weeks in May. Very nice clean hotel. Service was good, manager was very welcoming. Rooms are large and just had new flat screen tv's added to the rooms which was a nice touch. The restaurant is very good with some great steaks and ribs. Breakfast was a nice start to the day.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business