“Pleasant Surprise”
Review of Modo Mio

Modo Mio
Reserve with OpenTable
Modo Mio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2013

WOW! We decided to try this lovely little Italian place on the spur of the moment. On arriving around 6pm in the parking, we were apprehensive as there were only 3 or 4 other vehicles parked.
Very friendly staff showed us to our table. Service was good and the food was wonderful!
I had the Chicken Fungi, a wonderful chicken with mushrooms in a white wine alfredo sauce.
My husband had the Chicken Parmesan, which he has never has before. The marinara sauce was very flavorful and the chicken was tender.
We would absolutely return to this little establishment and highly recommend it to all of our friends and family!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I ate there on July 25, and yes, in the beginning the service was slow. Once she realized I was not waiting for anyone else, everything was fast. The warm, home baked dinner rolls were delicious dipped in olive oil and garlic. I had spaghetti, and from the start asked for a take out container to take half home with me. Sure enough, it was very tasty and my take out order didn't last since the rest of the family inhaled it. I would also like some home made soups or nice salads on the menu. It was a calm, clean environment. I will be sure to return.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Nice little establishment, but not what I was expecting. This is a casual dinning place. Service is friendly and a little slow. The food was good the best part is the breads.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have been to a lot of Italian places in Edmonton (and Italy itself) and this one is on the top of my list. I was presently surprised to find such a gem in Fort Saskatchewan of all places. The fresh bread was great and the meals themselves were so delicious. They have a great marinara sauce! We also had an extremely friendly server, which enhanced our experience. I hope this new establishment continues to do well!!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I love trying restaurants that are not chains. This is one of those. The food was great. We were served little buns with herb/oil to dip them in. Excellent! I ordered Tortellini al Palla (not sure I spelled it correctly). Fantastic! The cheese filled tortellini was served in a mix of marinara and alfredo sauce. I would definitely order it again. All lunches came with a salad. Nothing fancy but good. Prices on the menu for both lunch and dinner were very reasonable. Give it a try!