The Kanata by BCMInns
$74
Lakeview Inns & Suites - Fort Saskatchewan(Fort Saskatchewan)(Great Value!)
$67
Hampton Inn by Hilton Fort Saskatchewan(Fort Saskatchewan)(Great Value!)
$82
Comfort Inn & Suites Fort Saskatchewan(Fort Saskatchewan)(Great Value!)
$85
Stars Inn and Suites(Fort Saskatchewan)
$67
$69
Southfort Inn(Fort Saskatchewan)
$81
Best Western Plus Fort Saskatchewan Inn & Suites(Fort Saskatchewan)(Great Value!)
$82
Fort Motel(Fort Saskatchewan)
$62
TripAdvisor
All reviewscomplimentary breakfastjacuzzi suitepancakesvery nice staywithin an hourclean comfortable roomswould recommend this hotel to anyonegreat pricechristmas partymany choicesrooms are hugespecial requestsexercise roomedmonton areamain floorwell taken caresausage
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We spent 3 nights at the Kanata Inn in Fort Saskatchewan. On checking in on Christmas Eve we were told there would be no breakfast on Christmas morning (although they advertise the breakfast as part of the booking), and that there would be no housekeeping on Christmas Day - so no towels, etc. Okay, we could live with that. On Christmas night we returned to our hotel - had to go to the main floor to get ice for a drink in the room, as the ice machine on the 3rd floor didn't work. I tried to have a bath, however the drain plug did not hold, and the water leaked out as fast as I tried to fill it. During the night the temperature in our room went up to 85 degrees F. We reported this to the front desk clerk the next morning as we were leaving the hotel. When we returned that evening the room temperature was 65F, and the window was wide open. Closed the window, set the temp for 68F. During the night again the temperature rose to over 80F. We tried turning on the a/c but it was so noisy, and cutting in/out every 5 minutes that we couldn't sleep. Called down to the desk abut midnight - and a young man listened to my story, and replied "have a good night". Really???? The next morning at check-out our bill reflected approximately 8% discount for "unsatisfactory stay". The clerk on the desk was very cool, and said the problem was because of the fluctuation in outdoor temperature, and she had the same problem at her apartment!
This hotel is beautiful, and the room was comfortable and nice. Unfortunately, the attitude of the staff, and heating system will prevent us from returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 442annie
Andrew M, General Manager at The Kanata by BCMInns, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us in Fort Saskatchewan.

I want to first of all apologize for the experience you had with us. At the Kanata Inn we always strive to make sure our guests feel welcome and valued. Any concern that you have is something that we should be addressing and taking action to correct. You are the reason we are here and the service you receive and the comforts that we offer are absolutely of the highest importance.

Your understanding about Christmas Day with the breakfast is greatly appreciated, as we want all of our team to enjoy their Christmas with their friends and family. Thank you very much for brining to our attention the concerns you had with your guest room. This is how we, as a group, learn and grow so that we can ensure that guests are completely satisfied.

Thank you very much again for taking the time to let us know about your stay and for the kind words about the cleanliness and comfort of the hotel and the room. I do hope we will see you again and I hope you had a happy holiday season.

Regards,

Andrew Mackinnon

Reviewed December 23, 2013

The staff seemed indifferent that I'm there. It's not like it's busy times and they don't need one more guest, the hotel was pretty much empty. Internet didn't work for 2 out of the 6 nights I was there. Reported to front desk staff and she couldn't care less. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Andrew M, General Manager at The Kanata by BCMInns, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us at the Kanata Inn. I sincerely thank you for the insight and apologize if one of our associates left you feeling the way you did. I assure you that at the Kanata Inn we absolutely value all of our guests and their feedback so we know where we shine and we can learn where our opportunities are.

Thank you again for your time and passing this valuable information to us so we can improve. I hope that we will get another opportunity to serve you while you are in Fort Saskatchewan.

Kindest regards,

Andrew M.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel when it was the Hospitality Inn and it was wonderful. This last trip in August my son and I were there for 8 night and I was very disappointed. The facilities are still good quality and the rooms are beautiful and large.It was the service that I had a problem with, it has gone down since the new ownership. The Jacuzzi was out of order most of the time I was there, the person running the front desk was rude and unhelpful and the cleaning staff cleaned my room usually after 3 pm. Info about what is available in the hotel was missing from the room and when I asked about getting a TV channel guide was told to look on the TV. When I went back again and asked the night clerk (one of the nicer desk clerks) they had a laminated one in the drawer very handy. The biggest disappointment was the breakfast. That had been the best part about the hotel. Last year the staff was accommodating , super friendly and the buffet was always fully stocked. This time they ran out of items for days in a row and the staff was slow and unfriendly, They also got billing wrong at the end ,which I fortunately figured out before I left the Hotel. I will probably look at one of the other hotels next year. All that made the Hotel stay OK was the facility is still a really nice place

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
MusgravesHospInns, General Manager at The Kanata by BCMInns, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your experience while staying with us in Fort Saskatchewan. I truly appreciate the feedback that you have provided us.

As the new General Manager at the Kanata Inns in Fort Saskatchewan, I absolutely assure you that giving all of our guests a quality experience, both in the service and product that we offer, is of the upmost importance to me. I know the absolute value of having the right team which is passionate about taking care of our guests and offering a "home away from home" experience.

Thank you very much again for letting us know about your stay and I sincerely hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you and your family again when you are in our community.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I loved my stay at this hotel. The accommodations were comfortable! The room was very nicely decorated and the breakfast was great. The only change that I would make is to give more privacy to the exercise room. I desperately wanted to work out, but work colleagues were at the hotel. As a female, I didn't want my colleagues watching my work out from the elevator or the hot tub. (I could see them in the hot tub, and there is a window between the hot tub and the exercise room.

Room Tip: Not the best exercise room
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your previous stay with us in Fort Saskatchewan. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our guest rooms and that the full breakfast in the morning was a good way to start your day. Thank you as well for the feedback in regards to our fitness room. I truly do appreciate that and require feedback like this to continually push and improve our services.

Thank you again and we hope to see you next time you are in our community.

Regards,

Andrew M

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I only stayed for one night, though I wish I would have had more time! I stayed in a Jacuzzi suite and it was wonderful.

The main room was big and has a separate bedroom. The bed was very comfortable and it was a pretty quiet stay. There was some noise from what I assume was a jacuzzi above, or maybe just a bath, but the guests were respectable and didn't run it too late.

The jacuzzi itself was very nice and roomy. The bath salts that are provided were a nice addition. The shower was awesome as well.

Everything looked very clean and well presented.

Because I was only there the one night, I didn't explore or utilize much more of the things the hotel has to offer. But room-wise I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. It is absolutely great to hear that you enjoyed the Jacuzzi room in our hotel. We definitely do pride ourselves in the size and overall cleanliness of our hotel, as well as the amenities that we offer in our rooms.

Thank you again and I hope that we will see you again sometime in the future.